G5 Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from Northwest Arkansas! I have had my 2007 G5 GT since 2018 and I’m proud to say it’s one of my favorite cars I’ve owned. I’ve always been a Trans Am or Camaro girl, but a friend of mine was moving out of state and wanted to sell his G5 GT, so lucky me! I kind of wish it had a manual transmission, but those are kind of a pain in the rear in this area with all the hills etc. I’ll post some pics once I can figure out how to do it where they aren’t sideways….

·
Registered
2007 G5 GT in Fusion Orange. Lightly modded
25 Posts
I'm in the same boat wit ya! I've always had Trans Am's and Firebirds (intermixed with a Grand Prix GTP and a G6 convertible...I'm a Pontiac Guy).

I wanted a manual too; but settled for an auto.. It's hard to find GT's with manual transmissions.

Reactions: MzAligned

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm in the same boat wit ya! I've always had Trans Am's and Firebirds (intermixed with a Grand Prix GTP and a G6 convertible...I'm a Pontiac Guy).

I wanted a manual too; but settled for an auto.. It's hard to find GT's with manual transmissions.
Nice 😊 My G5 is one of the few cars I’ve had that’s an automatic, but it’s all good. My first car was an 83 Grand Prix lol. I drove a 2000 Grand Am GT that was a lot of fun. Kind of wondering if a Ram Air V6 will fit in the G5 🤪🤪😅 At one point I had pieces and parts almost enough to make a whole 77 Trans Am but had to sell when I went through a divorce several years ago.

·
Registered
2007 G5 GT in Fusion Orange. Lightly modded
25 Posts
Nice 😊 My G5 is one of the few cars I’ve had that’s an automatic, but it’s all good. My first car was an 83 Grand Prix lol. I drove a 2000 Grand Am GT that was a lot of fun. Kind of wondering if a Ram Air V6 will fit in the G5 🤪🤪😅 At one point I had pieces and parts almost enough to make a whole 77 Trans Am but had to sell when I went through a divorce several years ago.
Ugh...I feel your pain! I don't know first hand, but I can sympathize. The first car I ever bought (without any help from the P's) was a 1991 Trans Am convertible (5-speed manual). It blew a trans and spun a bearing (roughly around the same time). I almost sold it, but nobody wanted to deal with a broken trans and motor. I was VERY fortunate I didn't because it turned out to be a G92 car (which is SUPER rare...possibly 1 of 1). I put that car in storage and (in order) bought / drove a '99 Grand Prix GTP coupe, 2000 Firebird (manual), 2006 GTO (manual trans. and the car has been a project of mine for 3 years), 2007 G6 GT convertible (salvaged vehicle I bought for $1,309.27 and put a GXP body kit on) and now I have a G5 GT that is giving me all sorts of problems. :-(

I almost have the "5" figured out, but it has been fighting me for the past few months.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Welcome! There aren't many of us here but feel free to ask questions. Someone will probably know or at least help you figure it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts