G5 Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Just a question for anyone who could help me out I just installed my halo headlights into my g5 gt and they work perfectly fine but my halo rings won’t turn on when I start the car but when I switch it to high beam they turn on. How can I have them constantly on?

·
557 Posts
Did you buy these premade (like the spyder halos) or did you buy a kit and build them yourself? The wiring kit comes done set for 9005 wiring systems, whereas the G5/Cobalt is 9007. You need to look at the instructions and confirm the main power adapter you have the two wires switched correctly.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Did you buy these premade (like the spyder halos) or did you buy a kit and build them yourself? The wiring kit comes done set for 9005 wiring systems, whereas the G5/Cobalt is 9007. You need to look at the instructions and confirm the main power adapter you have the two wires switched correctly.
I have the Spyder halos I can provide a picture on how I wired them

·
557 Posts
Yes. Honestly it shouldn't need any extra wiring. The main power adapter (the blue cup) is the one that drives the main lights. My guess is that when you connected the adapters together, you may have bent or pushed one of the leads for the wires that controls the DRLs vs. Highbeams (they are separate wires).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts