·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Product Name: Halo Projectors

Type of Modification: Appearance

Price: $168US

Product Rating: 9

Where you bought it: Ebay - there are MANY vendors that sell these on Ebay. All the same product, just variances in price, colour and now you can also get them with a pre-installed HID kit.

The light output with the stock H1 bulb was better then the 9007 halogen in the stock headlights. Now that I have HID's I absolutely LOVE these things. They look good too.

Some minor wiring work needs to be done to get the halos and LED's to light up, otherwise these lights are plug and play.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Anyone else notice an intense amount of heat on the plastic in front of the projector housing. Where the light beam hits the plastic i notice any dirt or grime actually cakes on due to the heat.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I only noticed this with the high beam - and I have HID's which actually produce less heat. Also, the signal bulb gets hot too

·
Original Member
904 Posts
yes search for everything under cobalt. Apperently the G5 isn't good enough. And yes its the same

·
Original Member
904 Posts
for that you would search G5

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
hitokirijay said:
does installing these lights cause warranty problems?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnuson-Moss_Warranty_Act

The use of aftermarket parts cannot void your warranty unless it is the direct cause of a problem you're trying to get covered under warranty.

If you radio gets screwed up, they cannot deny you warranty repairs because you are using aftermarket headlights.

Now, if you destroyed your head because your aftermarket cams blew up, they can deny warranty repair if they can prove without a shadow of a doubt that the cam was the reason why your head was damaged.

Also, if your aftermarket part fails, of course, GM will not warranty it. That is up to the manufactuer of the part to do this.

Per the eBay search terms, "Cobalt Projector" is what I normally use for those headlights.

The tailights you will probably not find for the G5 coupe since there really isn't any (The last I checked.) For the sedan, it should be the same as the Cobalt sedan.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
With these headlights, are there DRLs you can run along with your fogs during the daytime like the stockers? I really like that look because for some reason my sensor tends to turn my entire headlight on without my fogs engaged when it's set to auto. I'm assuming installing aftermarket doesnt effect your ability to do this?...

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
The foglights on many cars are set to a push button switch that is reset back to off when the car is turned off. Its not a flip switch like some cars. You could, with a little re-wiring, make it so the fogs stay on with the Projector low beams.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Nighthawk243 said:
The foglights on many cars are set to a push button switch that is reset back to off when the car is turned off. Its not a flip switch like some cars. You could, with a little re-wiring, make it so the fogs stay on with the Projector low beams.
This does not answer my question

·
Registered
304 Posts
Your question is kind of confusing, you want the foglights to come on with the DRLs? Or you want the fogs to come on with the low beams?

You could wire anything together if you want, just try to reexplain what you want and ill try to help.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
BigEMU1 said:
are there DRLs you can run along with your fogs during the daytime like the stockers?
If you have your lights on auto then your low beams will come on. Flipping on your fogs switches the low beams to DRLs.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I never noticed that.

If you have a 2007 then the low beams are your DRLs. If you have a 2006 then the running lights are your DRLs. You can wire the Projectors up either way. The fogs are independent of the headlights. Unless you turn the high beams on, then they turn off.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts