G5 Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Long time no talk folks, but I am finally back in Canada, and rolling around in the old Pursuit GT

Basically I will be looking at selling it so need to repair a few items, mainly is the revs hanging between shifts.

Temperature of car doesn't seem to matter, once driving, if you let off the throttle it will hang for a second before dropping making shifting a bit of a night mare.
Has anyone else had this issue? car sits a lot but still seems to run okay otherwise.

Here she is in all her glory, lifted back up and no longer Turbo sadly, but still rust free.

·
Premium Member
6,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After replacing the throttle body, complete re-learn can take a week or two.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Thanks, Ill have a dig, it does look like the throttle body was replaced a year or so ago. havent been working on it for about 11 years now. so its a bit of guess work.

·
Premium Member
12,880 Posts
Ho Lee Crap! Welcome back, Matt! Dang, whenever I see a welder, I think of you welding in Australia. And then I think of your orange turbocharged G5. And then I think of that video where you were bouncing that car with blown shocks/struts.

I had a problem with hanging revs, similar to you. It was the clutch position switch. There was no reason for it to cause the hanging revs, but was some sort of safety mechanism to prevent damage when the switch goes bad. Does your cruise control work? Mine didn't, whichever directed me to the broken switch.

·
Premium Member
6,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ho Lee Crap! Welcome back, Matt! Dang, whenever I see a welder, I think of you welding in Australia. And then I think of your orange turbocharged G5. And then I think of that video where you were bouncing that car with blown shocks/struts.

I had a problem with hanging revs, similar to you. It was the clutch position switch. There was no reason for it to cause the hanging revs, but was some sort of safety mechanism to prevent damage when the switch goes bad. Does your cruise control work? Mine didn't, whichever directed me to the broken switch.
You are a bloody genius I have all those symptoms!!1 cause it will start with out the clutch pushed in. I shall bust out the computer and test it! I sure miss the turbo though. but I cant believe it still runs as good as it does.

How have you been anyways man? I am no longer in Australia, working in the congo, and living in Turkey. gotta keep it wild. May as well rename this thread to the bullshit chat now. haha

But don't worry I am still working on cars when I can, even if it means changing gearboxes on an old house foundation in Antalya.

Reactions: Cherry GT

·
Premium Member
12,880 Posts
In my case, it wasn't the clutch switch that detects when the clutch is fully pressed, but rather the other switch that detects when you start to press the clutch. For instance, the one that would deactivate the cruise when you bump the clutch. It's way up high in the dash. The one that allows you to start the car is near the firewall. Good luck!

It's good to see that you're still being "you". You're living an incredible life!

·
Premium Member
6,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In my case, it wasn't the clutch switch that detects when the clutch is fully pressed, but rather the other switch that detects when you start to press the clutch. For instance, the one that would deactivate the cruise when you bump the clutch. It's way up high in the dash. The one that allows you to start the car is near the firewall. Good luck!

It's good to see that you're still being "you". You're living an incredible life!
Both are deactivated, and honestly it may be from tuning previously as I vaguely remember turning 1 off years ago for starting, but cruise still worked.

I will never be locked down. lol. if you want some boring reading material have a look at www.wrongturn.com.au
That is my blog site, although I still need to add Turkey and Ukraine to it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts