G5 Club banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent two hours on the car last night - by the time I got around to taking pictures it was dark. My camera is aging and doesn't take the greatest pictures at night. The flash distorts the true light and I tried to take a few last night at the parking lot I use to take most of my pictures - unfortunately the lighting was horrible and none of them turned out - well, a few of the ones I took of the lights did. The others I took today in the parking lot at work - unfortunately the lot is gravel and my car now has a layer of dust on it - oh well. Still shiny. So ya - this is with a layer of dust after having it professionally detailed a wk or so ago.

Me in the reflection waving at you!

My 6000K HID's in projectors:

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
did you have to specify to them what size you wanted upon ordering? or is the 5 x 110 the only sie for those wheels and didnt have to bother.

yeah numbers make things much simpler, and IMO less of a mouthful when bragging haha

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was browsing through a pamphlet for MSR & Eagle Wheels and saw them. I knew that I could only have a specific size. My wheel guy had to call around to different warehouses to see which places had the wheels I wanted (I went in November to buy so I could get a better deal). So I would suggest if you are interested in a particular style go into a wheel dealer with the specs and ask them to see if the wheels are available in that size & bolt pattern. These wheels specifically are available in 4x100, 5x100 & 5x110. They may be available in other patterns as well, but I am unsure as I was really only looking for one pattern.

5x110 is a pretty odd pattern, used on some Peugot's and European cars - also the Malibu and a few Saturns - this makes it difficult when choosing rims. I of course wanted to run my stock tires on these rims so I was somewhat more limited in my choice. If you have the appropriate tire size in comparison to your stock tires then you should be ok. If you stay with 17's then you have to stick with the 17x7 with the same size tire - bigger you would have to go with the appropriate tire rating and size that wouldn't put your speedo out.

So simply put - if you know what you are looking for, and the specs you should be good to go. Use the tire size calculator if you are going bigger.

On the appearance note - I have YET to see another car of any type with the rims I have.

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
do you know the biggest we can go while not rubbing. i was thinking of dropping 32's on it. haha joking but was thinking 19's

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I believe there is someone on css.net that has 20's - but that may be pushing it. 19's I think would be alright, will probably look like a 4x4 at first unless you drop it a bit. Should be ok for rubbing - low pro tire will be best.

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
well im planning a whole suspension job sooner than later so ill be lowering it to wherever it clears my new rims i guess is the best way to describe it. yeah i def. don't want anything that screams 'bling' to the world, if you know what i mean

·
Registered
232 Posts
WOW, that looks great! As far as dust goes, pick up a California Car Duster. They work great for light dust without scrathing the paint. Handy for when you don't want to wash it again if its only dust.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Your car is cool. It's bound to attract attention.

About the wheels, my Basic model came with 15 inch originally, but now has 16 inch. The tire calculator said that I'm about 2.7 % off, meaning that at 60 on the speedometer I'm actually going 61.6, if everything else is accurate.

Anyway, you probably know about this site, but I found it interesting. It is a GM site that offers discounted parts and accessories.
http://www.gmaccessoriesstore.com/

That site has wheels, and every part on the G5. Also, it gives a discount, thus making the parts less expensive than the dealer prices. If you click on "Genuine GM Parts", You can print out prices, and exploded, detailed, diagrams of everything on the G5, and other GM cars.

I like your self-portrait in the reflection.

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
Now I REALLY wish it was Friday when my projectors are suppose to be in haha.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have a few more pics that I took tonight by the water - should be good shit.

As for the detailing - cut and polish and entire interior clean for $200.00

·
Registered
44 Posts
You car looks amazing! I would like to post some more of mine but I am thinking of waiting until I get few things fixed...

I hit a curb. Scratched my rims. Also, my car rolled back into the garage door so there are 3 small "gauges" that need to be fixed. I am hoping that since it is only plastic that a body shop could just fill it in and paint... we will see...

:x

·
Registered
341 Posts
looks great! its probally dirty aready tho isnt it? or dusty at least :cry:
i want mine to look like that but it wont stop raining.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts