G5 Club banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about upgrades later on down the road, and the first option I see is upgrading the head. My question is what all should I be looking for in order to install bigger cams?

This website Says "they require upgraded valve springs and retainers"
What else should I consider when doing this kind of upgrade?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
493 Posts
you dont need the springs unless you are going stage 3 cams(and your not) cause then you will need a badass dyno tune,second you will need rings retainers, and obviously upgrade your valves to sodium filled on both the intake cam and exaust(you need to handle that 100shot) right????consult with JBP for all your needs.you want to upsize your valves and get an angle cut on that head
Now that being said with stage2 cams you will net my numbers

·
Registered
493 Posts
usually a good headjob on seymour street was 2 bills.LOL 2500.00 bucks is what all parts and labour cost me,and only get the springs if you are going for (the insane build) your rev limitator is only going to go so far anyways.The best thing about this build,is it bullit proofs your top half and will last waaay longer than stock crap.
when I saw the gm valves,retainers etc.. and compared them to JBP stuff, then It was obvious why this gm stuff goes to crap in a hurrey(they took alot of short cuts on our cars.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea, I heard mechanic I know said the newer gm cars are being built pretty sorry. I'm not going for extreme performance, but I would like a bit more power. This prolly won't happen anytime soon, maybe like a year from now.

·
Registered
24 Posts
engine cut out

does any one know how to remove the cut out my cr only goes to 176kph and i want to go fast.would be appreciated if any one knows

·
Registered
493 Posts
Re: engine cut out

hotpursuit said:
does any one know how to remove the cut out my cr only goes to 176kph and i want to go fast.would be appreciated if any one knows
whats a "CR"???

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
maybe thats why i only hit 104 mph. it hit 100 and crept to 104 (about 170 kph) but wouldnt break 104 and after a few seconds i let off. my speedometer only read in the 90s but my gps read 104 because of my larger wheels/tires. how does the governer (lol sp?) know when to limit. im wondering because it cant be the speedometer because mine was only reading in the 90s, and the car doesnt know i have bigger wheels/tires, yet it still slowwed/stopped right at 105ish which is about 170 kph. so confused

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
yeah the base and se's are governed to about 170hm/h Gt's on the other hand go as fast as 210km/h i believe

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
i don't think it has anything to do with tires

1 - 20 of 31 Posts