G5 Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here - VERY impressed with the knowledge of the forum!
Just moved up from a sunfire to a 2007 G5 (SE 2.2 automatic) - I love it.
(Sorry for this long post, but I know the more details the better for you)

Symptoms of my problem

- O2 Sensor fuse keep blowing, but not immediately
- Tranny shifts into gears hard (from P-R, P-D, 1-2, 2-3 etc)
- Throws the following codes P0030, P0036, P0053, P0054, P0443, P0102

As others have suggested, I've checked for any bare wires, and found none.
Unplugged each of the O2 Sensors and fuse still blows. Unplugged both and it still blows. I've checked the wires of the MAF and it looks good.
When I replace the fuse, it remains intact for a while a driving, and in this time period the tranny shifts perfectly smooth. As soon as it blows, the engine light comes on, and the poor shifting starts and the codes repeat them selves.

By the sounds of it, the O2 sensors, MAF, and evap purge are all linked, but the tranny connections seems odd. Can't seem to locate the root cause.

Oh wise ones :), what should I do next?

·
#low
1,537 Posts
P0030 HO2S Heater Control Circuit (Bank 1 Sensor 1)
P0036 HO2S Heater Control Circuit (Bank 1 Sensor 2)
P0053 HO2S Heater Resistance (Bank 1, Sensor 1)
P0054 HO2S Heater Resistance (Bank 1, Sensor 2)
P0443 Evaporative Emission Control System Purge Control Valve Circuit
P0102 Mass or Volume Air Flow Circuit Low Input

For those of you that are too lazy lol.

I wonder if its maybe a bad PCM? Check the ground wires from the PCM? Its really hard to tell but it seems that theres something a bit bigger wrong, but the other option you could do is unplug both sensors and see if its maybe a short in the heater circut internally in the sensor? The trans could be shifting odd because the car is having a MAF problem.

·
So Delicious !
5,263 Posts
The trans would shift hash or hard when there is a MAF code.
TCM is trying to protect the trans by increasing line pressure (harsh shifts).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey - thanks for the "welcomes" and the insights thus far.
I've pulled down the wiring schematics from autozone.com and indeed, they've placed the TCM on the same circuit as Cherry GT has explained why. I get it.
To locate the source of the problem with the fuse blowing, I think I will try this today:
- put in new fuse
- leave O2 sensors unplugged
- unplug MAF and drive (see if it blows fuse)
- if fuse blows, leave O2 sensors and MAF unplugged AND now unplug EVAP
- if it still blows - go crazy checking wiring and connectors!

I welcome any suggestion. Thanks

·
#low
1,537 Posts
The trans would shift hash or hard when there is a MAF code.
TCM is trying to protect the trans by increasing line pressure (harsh shifts).
Thats what i was leaning towards. I would replace the fuse and unplug the o2 sensors and see if it still blows a fuse, if it doesnt put them back in one at a time and see if one of them do?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Exactly what I thought as well. Tried that entire routine and it still blows the fuse, now even with the MAF unplugged! The options are dwindling ...

·
#low
1,537 Posts
If i can make a suggestion for you, go to a parts store and get a circuit breaker to replace that fuse with, it will save you buying fuses over and over, i know most canadian tires only sell the ATO breaker but you should be able to get a MiniATO breaker from most jobbers.

Other than that, i would have to go checking every connection on that circuit,

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issues with an 07 g5 wires in harness had been hacked before so repaired them all still blowing fuse. Installed circuit breaker and kept searching. New ecm and new downstream o2 sensor problem solved. O2 was shorted. Ecm stumbled with a tap test

1 - 10 of 10 Posts