G5 Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Connor. I'm from Salt Lake City, UT. I don't have a G5, but I am a huge Pontiac fanatic. Currently, I own a supercharged Cobalt SS coupe, a Cobalt SS sedan (pretty much a G5, but with 2 more doors), and a Pontiac Fiero GT which is currently up for sale.

I originally found my way because I am interested in installing red button lighting throughout my Supercharged Cobalt, which Pontiac has. So, If anybody has installed an aftermarket stereo and is willing to sell the lightboard and screen from their 2006 G5 please hit me with a PM.

Also, I am the Utah Chapter representative of Rocky Mountain Ecotec.net. If anybody in the Rocky Mountain area (i.e., CO, MT, WY, UT, ID, NM, AZ, NV, WA, OR, CA, or CN) wants to meet up please let me know. I can also be emailed at [email protected]. I'm not here to take people from a forum or recruit for a car club, so please don't take it that way. However, if you are in the Salt Lake area let me know I'd be more than willing to try and rally the troops to meet you.

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
Welcome

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, you can't have them.

Okay, here you go.

Sorry if I went a bit overboard. These are just a few of the pics I have in photobucket. I have a ton more saved on my computer.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Only if you give me an LNF. I'll even throw in the GM dual pass endplate with the secondary surge tank (see first pic).

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
your pics are great, i love the cobalts and g5's in silver they look deadly

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
haha deal. and by deal, i mean ill throw an LNF into my g5, and let you drive it every once in a while haha

·
Registered
96 Posts
Welcome and cool pics!! I still need to put up pics of my car, which I will do after next weekend.
Question for you, I really like the antenna, where'd you get it from? I'm looking for something like that too... :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nighthawk243 said:
The SSSC does have some balls, especially with the stage 3 kit.

As far as the Fierro, thats a nice ride. Why are you getting rid of it?
I'm not a fan of the GM stage 3 kit. I'm not a big fan of nitrous. Would love to take advantage of the rev limiter adjuster, but need to do some internals, such as valve springs, if I'm going to take it to 8k. Also, stage 3 eliminates A/C which is a must have during the summer out here. I think I'll get stage 2, then go with the stage 3 pulley, then use HPTuners to adjust the rev limiter if I choose to.

As far as teh Fiero, Thanks. I'm getting rid of it because I haven't done anything with it since I bought the Cobalt in Feb 06. It just sits there and takes up space. After talking to the wife, I decided to sell it to mod the Cobalt more.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
babygirl said:
Welcome and cool pics!! I still need to put up pics of my car, which I will do after next weekend.
Question for you, I really like the antenna, where'd you get it from? I'm looking for something like that too... :)
Hold on to this one. The antenna is custom made, for both Cobalts. The silver Cobalt antenna comes from the Honda Element. Since the antenna is a male when you first buy it it needs modding. So, I figured out what the pattern is for my car and died and tapped it to match. Voila, a 6" antenna. The wife's antenna came from the Dodge Nitro. Same deal as the Honda antenna, but different thread measurement for the post on her car. Hers is 7"'s. The 2 sizes are 6x1.000 and 7x1.000. I'll leave it to you to figure out yours.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
domin8 said:
Nighthawk243 said:
The SSSC does have some balls, especially with the stage 3 kit.

As far as the Fierro, thats a nice ride. Why are you getting rid of it?
I'm not a fan of the GM stage 3 kit. I'm not a big fan of nitrous. Would love to take advantage of the rev limiter adjuster, but need to do some internals, such as valve springs, if I'm going to take it to 8k. Also, stage 3 eliminates A/C which is a must have during the summer out here. I think I'll get stage 2, then go with the stage 3 pulley, then use HPTuners to adjust the rev limiter if I choose to.

As far as teh Fiero, Thanks. I'm getting rid of it because I haven't done anything with it since I bought the Cobalt in Feb 06. It just sits there and takes up space. After talking to the wife, I decided to sell it to mod the Cobalt more.
Make sure you go onto some large pontiac enthusiast forums when selling it. You'll get a pm box load of offers.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts