G5 Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, i joined this site recently and am not too good with all the functions yet, but i finally managed to at least post a new thread about my problem.

I Installed an 6000K HID kit into my 2008 Pontiac G5. The kit looks great and there isn't much scatter at all and the low beams have never been better.

But the Problem is that i have no High Beams Anymore.
The bulb has one HID bulb next to a Halogen. I assume the halogen is the high beam. When i flick the high beams on, the HIDs Turn off for a split second, then turn back on. The Halogens do nothing regardless if highs or lows are on. The HID doesn't get brighter even, to simulate a high beam, it simply just flickers with no increase in brightness.

Any pointers would be highly appreciated.
Oh btw, i installed it a few times, and one of the connections had a bent prong, so before i noticed that, only the halogens would turn on... so ik they atleast work.

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
Well people are going to be reluctant to help you if you're putting HID bulbs in your stock light housings.

I've looked at those kits you have, and they look aweful cheap, HID bulbs are suppose to last YEARS, whereas you have to change halogen bulbs more often, so why would they want to sauder the two together? Your halogen bulb is probably burnt out from shitty manufacturing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
haha nice try but the bulbs both work. we put the kit in the pontiac montana, and it worked fine, then put it back into my G5, and the highs didn't work again.

and you were kinda a jerk for a moderator. no offense, but i'm simply just trying to get some help. i had said before the bulbs were fine

like this is really bugging me, and i figured a forum based around my car would contain at least a few people with respect for fellow G5 owners, i mean, i know i do.

and i'm sorry if i simply took what you said wrong

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
yeah, you did take what I said wrong (but dont feel bad, everybody seems to as of late haha).

Well, in that case it's time to pull the multi-meter out and start checking to make sure your harness has power all the way up to the bulb. It's just a simple matter of figuring out where the power stops flowing if the bulb is apparently fine. Not something we can really diagnose online.

I still don't agree with HID bulbs in stock housings unless everybody around your neck of the woods drives with welding masks on.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha actually they don't blind people as much as you think, idk if i got lucky or what, but they actually look pretty good as well

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
He wasn't being a dick about the getting flamed over the HID in reflector housings... its just a truth. Especially at CobaltSS.net.

Seeing as they worked with the montana... I'd check your fuses for the high beams... you may have blown them. They're in the engine compartment fuse box... there are 2 fuses for the high beams... they should be 10A mini blade fuses. If those are fine, report back.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Hmm... get a multimeter and check the connections then on the ballasts/wire harness to see if you get any juice through for the high beam bulb. It could be possible the harness isn't getting any power. Sometimes poorly made kits can have shitty connectors that don't connect.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
idk if this helps you guys... but when one HID is in, and the other light is a halogen. The halogen on the kit works... but not the HID. other words

right: HID + Halogen.

Left: Just Halogen

Right Halo and left halo work... but not right HID

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Sounds like it may possibly be the connectors then that go to the HID. Peel back some of the positive wire going to the halogen part of the hid kit and see if it is getting any power with a multimeter. If it isn't getting any power, I'm going to suspect that the connectors are poor quality.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You need to reverse the polarity on your stock harness g5's have reversed polarity to the hids pull the wires out of the stock harness using small flathead and plug directly into hid harness using different combinations until high beams work plug wires back into factory harness using proper combination should work now

1 - 14 of 14 Posts