G5 Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Pontiac G5 Coupe
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Pontiac G5 GT I believe hit a pothole. There’s a LEAK in the right side of the back bumper. Car was fine, and went to fill it. As soon as it got to 3/4 of a tank fuel started leaking onto the ground. I have a suspicion it’s a crack in the pipe or something. Please can anyone tell me what to do? Are there any temporary fixes? How much do you guys think it would cost?

·
Super Moderator
1,970 Posts
There's an unpublished recall for the filler neck of the fuel tank, and even fuel pump, in some cases, of the fuel tank. I had the filler necks taken care of, and a brand new fuel tank in a separate incident a year or two later. Take it to a dealership, make your complaint, they should set you up for a full repair cost covered.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,970 Posts
BTW, Do NOT mention the pothole! Play the innocent card, just mention you noticed the leak, nothing more!

·
Registered
2007 Pontiac G5 Coupe
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BTW, Do NOT mention the pothole! Play the innocent card, just mention you noticed the leak, nothing more!

They’re fixing it fully under the recall!! They said there’s an unlimited policy that covers any fuel leakage I just said I went to fill it and the car started spilling!! Thank you sooo much otherwise I wouldn’t have known to get it covered like that!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts