1 - 20 of 472 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
cant wait too see them good luck on the install

·
Registered
830 Posts
So I'm planning on buying a set of halos-- my main question is, do I need to buy an HID kit separately like from Vision Bulbs? Or do the projectors come with them? Any help, or even a quick run thru on how they all work (the halo, the 3 little bulbs, etc...) would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You have to buy them separately and then modify the halos. You can buy the whole kit - but they are cheap HID's that come. YOU WILL HAVE TO MODIFY the Halo projectors to accommodate the HID's. I am going to make a how to once I install my new set.

·
Registered
52 Posts
So when I was installing my projectors I noticed a small warning on them saying "DO NOT put HID's into this Housing or something similar to that so my question is for those of you who ignored that warning, how are the HID's working for you. My main concern is the amount of heat that is being produced by a normal Xenon H1 bulb as is. When the HID is installed i'm assuming much more heat will be produced and might cause problems.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HID's actually operate at a MUCH cooler temperature.

I loved my HID's in my projectors, until I messed the projectors up.

Oh well, I have new projos now and will be modding them to install the HID's again.

Warnings are so the company doesn't get in shit by saying they are HID compatible. Many use them without any problems.

·
Registered
52 Posts
cool, i'm going to see about getting some HID's tonight maybe then.

I'm going to look but if anyone knows specifically where in the forums someone talks about the kind of HID's and whatnot we need specifically that would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
830 Posts
correct me if I'm wrong but for our headlights all we need are the 9007 bulb right? Or do we need one of those H + a number after it?

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
DO NOT use HID's in stock housing - these would be the 9007 HID's. Too much glare & you will get a ticket if you happen to pass by a police officer at night - you will blind them.

As for the bulb you need for the projectors - h1 bulb HID conversion kit. This can be found in the supporting vendors section through Visionbulbs.

As for the retrofits the people have been doing on css.net - they are VERY expensive to make - much more then the Ebay ones. Retrofit projectors are TRUE HID projectors - the Ebay ones work, but NOTHING like the retrofits. But once again, very expensive to make.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have the ebay ones - retrofits are ones that people have made themselves with projectors and other electronic modules. You can purchase separate components and build them yourself. I am too lazy to do this :)

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
One guy said he paid $250 for everything. A bit cheaper, but you still gotta take the time to make it. I'm still back and forth on which one I want.

1 - 20 of 472 Posts