G5 Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bad luck today: I was going about 60 when I heard something that sounded like something ripping down the passenger side of the car. I was like "WTF was that!" I glanced behind me in the rear view mirror, and couldn't see anything on the road. So, I pulled onto a dirt road to check the damage, and there did not appear to be any. When I got to work, I checked again, and I had a flat rear passenger tire and there was a deep grove all the way around the sidewall where the rim wore into it. I changed the tire, and drove it to the dealership. When the service manager looked at it, there was a puncture on the inside sidewall, a 3 inch hole blown out of the wheel well liner, and 3 of those plastic plugs that hold it in place were gone. Also, the front tire looks low too, so I am hoping that I won't have to replace both tires. I hope the brake lines are ok too. I know that it could be worse, but I am not looking forward to seeing the repair bill. End of depressing rant.

·
PSD=PostSaturnDepression
826 Posts
That sucks the big one man, but isn't that covered under the factory rubber warranty :?:

·
Premium Member
12,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know if the tire warranty covers something like this, and I can't check because all the papers are in the car. It seems to me that it would not be covered. Anyone else know?

·
PSD=PostSaturnDepression
826 Posts
There should be a warranty period of so many 000's of miles but I cant say for sure what it will and will not cover, but still check that out!

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
if it doesnt cover it, which i dont think it will, talk to your insurance company and make sure to tell them something flew into your wheel well. not that you ran over someting. this will allow them to file it under comprehensive, not collision. why do this you ask? because comprehensive deductables are normally A LOT less, and your rates wot go up. i did this when i wrecked my passenger side a week after i got my car haha 3200 worth of damage and i paid 50 bucks

·
Premium Member
12,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
njg5gt said:
if it doesnt cover it, which i dont think it will, talk to your insurance company and make sure to tell them something flew into your wheel well. not that you ran over someting. this will allow them to file it under comprehensive, not collision. why do this you ask? because comprehensive deductables are normally A LOT less, and your rates wot go up. i did this when i wrecked my passenger side a week after i got my car haha 3200 worth of damage and i paid 50 bucks
I don't think I can pull that one off. I didn't see anything on the road when I was driving, and I even turned around to check again. But it was the inside sidewall that got punctured on the rear tire, and the front tire was almost flat when I got to the dealer. I can't think of any logical excuses that would explain two bad tires from some sort of flying debris. I'll most likely just bite the bullet and be happy that the car is fixed when they are done with it.

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
man, you can get away with anything if you try. what really happened to mine was i ran over a two foot metal rod which punctured my wheel and started carving grooves in the body panels as the tires spun. they believe me, they'll believe you.

but either way, hope it gets fixed soon

G

·
If you didnt see it, then that means it "flew" onto the road, and it could have worked out like, your front tire hit it, sent it flying under the car, slashing your back tire.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I ran over something in the road and heard it hit the side of the car. I now have an ugly gash about two inches long on my door and two additional scratches not as deep. It pissed me off to say the least.

·
Premium Member
12,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A day later, I found out what I hit. I pulled the car off of the road and took a look around. I found a 5" long trailer hitch pin. You know, one of those short steel pins that holds a removable hitch onto a truck. It is about 5 inches long, and is bent over on one side. A clip goes into the other end to hold it in place. That clip is what punctured the sidewall, and it stayed hooked into the tire long enough to tear out the fender well liner. The front tire ended up being ok, but it kicked up the hitch pin and it gouged into the rocker panel before puncturing the rear tire. It cost something like $208.50 to fix, and it took the dealer two days to get the tire.

·
Registered
17,578 Posts
two days to get a tire...wtf man where do u live? the north pole? theres hundreds of tire shops around u most likely that could provide the tire u need...stupid stealerships always tryin to fuck u

·
Registered
304 Posts
I got hit by a chunk of tire under my front bumper. You can't see it unless your under the car but its just an excuse for me to get a GT front bumper which I already planned to do :D

I lost the screw from one of my mudflaps too. I had an annoying clicky noise for a while till I got fed up and finally found it and replaced the screw.

(I think I left it out on accident when I took the resonator out, but I like to pretend I'm smarter than that :lol: )

1 - 12 of 12 Posts