G5 Club banner

1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i've noticed with my g5 that the gap between the hood and the bumper cover (nose piece) is quite large. at times I wonder if the hood is latched all the way, even though i know that it is. I havent heard any of you talk about this before. Is it just me? am I the only one that sees this?

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
mine is huge...

maye i should reword that. the gap is noticable. you cant really do anything aobut it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Mine is a little wider on the drivers side, but yeah there is a bit of a gap there I've noticed on all of them.

·
falkor!!!
23,478 Posts
these cars are horrible with that. not a whole lot you can do about it. i took mine back to the dealer a couple weeks after i got it and the body shop did a few things that made it look a little better, but it's still there. that's just what you get when everything is plastic :p

·
Registered
119 Posts
my gap is by my headlights and bumper. noticable for me...but remember its my baby and im the one getting inches from it to clean and detail. no one else has ever pointed it out or anything

·
Registered
10,025 Posts
Yeah, when I noticed mine, I thought the car was in a accident and it didn't get fixed right, then I did a carfax history report on it and it's got a clean record.

·
PSD=PostSaturnDepression
826 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Theres a spot where the nose sits on the front bumper, has a little bit of foam right there. I cut a peice of rollcage padding (racecar thing) in half, and tucked it up in there like a shim until i got it dialed in to where i wanted it, then zip-tied that sucker in there ;)

·
falkor!!!
23,478 Posts
Theres a spot where the nose sits on the front bumper, has a little bit of foam right there. I cut a peice of rollcage padding (racecar thing) in half, and tucked it up in there like a shim until i got it dialed in to where i wanted it, then zip-tied that sucker in there ;)
hmmm, good idea - i might try something like that when i get a chance :)

·
Super Moderator
12,861 Posts
Does it cause the bumper to buckle under the headlights?

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
I want pictures!!! mine is horrid

1 - 20 of 112 Posts