G5 Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what this braided hose in my engine bay is that leads to nothing. This image isn't mine, but I found it online and I have the same braided hose in my engine bay. It connects to nothing on the end I was just wondering what its purpose is.

engine hose.jpg

·
Super Moderator
1,959 Posts
I was just wondering what this braided hose in my engine bay is that leads to nothing. This image isn't mine, but I found it online and I have the same braided hose in my engine bay. It connects to nothing on the end I was just wondering what its purpose is.

View attachment 15045
Looks like an A/C line?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,861 Posts
The one just under the oil cap in the picture? That's your fuel line... There is a connector on the left with a metal clip - that is the fuel injector rail. If you follow it the other way, it goes behind the engine to the solid fuel lines.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The one just under the oil cap in the picture? That's your fuel line... There is a connector on the left with a metal clip - that is the fuel injector rail. If you follow it the other way, it goes behind the engine to the solid fuel lines.
Yes, the one right under the oil cap. In my car, that braided hose isn't connected to the fuel rail, another hose is, which is why I'm confused. Nothing comes out of the end of the hose in my car by the way when it's running.

·
Super Moderator
1,959 Posts
Yes, the one right under the oil cap. In my car, that braided hose isn't connected to the fuel rail, another hose is, which is why I'm confused. Nothing comes out of the end of the hose in my car by the way when it's running.
How's about a pic of how it ends/not connected to anything?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,861 Posts
Rotting fuel lines is common problem with these cars (along the drivers rocker panel). When the fuel line is replaced, that braided hose is replaced too. I wonder if someone replaced the fuel line with a generic one, and left the old one in place. That is probably a cheaper option since it costs a few hundred $ to replace it with an OEM fuel line.

·
Premium Member
12,861 Posts
lmao why tf is it just sitting in my engine bay then
Because whoever replaced it didn't take the time to remove it.

Might be the same reason whoever removed your engine cover didn't remove the plastic riser that your oil cap is screwed into.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Because whoever replaced it didn't take the time to remove it.

Might be the same reason whoever removed your engine cover didn't remove the plastic riser that your oil cap is screwed into.
i took off my own engine cover lol oops didn’t know that was a riser

·
Premium Member
12,861 Posts
i took off my own engine cover lol oops didn’t know that was a riser
You can remove it by rocking/twisting it back and forth. It will pop off with some effort. Then you'll see that the oil cap locks into the valve cover just like it did in that plastic riser. If you are going to keep the engine cover off, this will give it a cleaner look.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts