G5 Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not much to add to the Subject line proposal. Maybe a new category of 'Upkeep', with threads of major areas (Engine, Suspension, Interior, Steering)? I've a question about the Oil Life System and oil types used, and don't know where to post it.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes a maintenance forum would be good. you doubled up on performance with performance and then forced induction.. it can all be in the same one.

Whats your questions about Oil man?

·
Super Moderator
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I went with dino at 500 miles for the wear-in change. Now, with the OLS not indicating a needed change for apparently some time, I was wondering how many G5ers are going synth because of this, or just out of preference? And would the filter be good for that long? Which filter would be better? How about a picture comparison maybe?

·
Registered
54 Posts
A wear in change.. hmm I suppose thats a good idea if you beat the crap out of your car, but in reality it isnt needed.

did you reset your Oil life indicator when you did the oil change? Just go by whatever it says, regardless of whether you run synthetic or regular oil, it will know when it is ready to be changed. dont go over 10k KMS or 7k Miles regardless, and you'll be ok.

thats just my $0.02

1 - 6 of 6 Posts