G5 Club banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
I bought one of those fuel line quick release gadgets and I still couldn't get the fucking filter off. Either its really stuck or I'm just stupid.

·
Registered
11,195 Posts
I'm keeping mine that I changed off since it looks clean on the inside completely..

This is the benefit of sticking with premium fuel, running cleaners once every couple tanks & taking good care of the car... Brad changed out his fuel filter at like 45000km and apparently it was like black on the inside lol... mine you can see the metal/super clean.

Fuel Filters are pricey though.... $95 Canadian for full retail at Lordco... $56 with my friend's discount ;) lol... AC Delco.
i thought you are supposed to stick to regular in the 2.2's

·
Registered
133 Posts
Eww regular...

·
Super Moderator
1,936 Posts
Quick-disconnects can be very finicky if not totaly clean. Any little spec o' dirt in the mechanism can frell things up good.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
what the hell. someone at the dealer said it was in the tank and it was a $240 job ... son of a bitch .... ... whats the GM part number for the filter? for a 07 GT ?

·
ricer at heart
1,318 Posts
Soooo, i was going to try and change my fuel filter.... and its not there under the car. I searched a little and I found out that G5s with the California Emissions system have it as part of the fuel pump =/

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Soooo, i was going to try and change my fuel filter.... and its not there under the car. I searched a little and I found out that G5s with the California Emissions system have it as part of the fuel pump =/
That's cute. Good luck then man. :confused:

21 - 40 of 51 Posts