G5 Club banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,936 Posts
I couldn't get the two lines off the filter for the life of me. so embarassing
Ditto. Set of quick disconnect at the local auto parts store...or have a shop do it when next the car is up on a lift. A valiant idea for the Saturday mechanic, but made a pita by GM design.

·
#low
1,537 Posts
Mine still needs doing. I'm such a slacker with maintenance these days.

·
Super Moderator
1,936 Posts
Mine still needs doing. I'm such a slacker with maintenance these days.
It only really becomes an issue when car performance suffers during hard acceleration. And unless you live in a really dusty climate, or frequent rundown, offbrand gas stations, it really doesn't need to be done all that often.

·
#low
1,537 Posts
It's more the fact that I already have it, same with my trans filter and have just neglected to do either.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i know this sounds stupid.
can you tell me exactly where a fuel filter MIGHT be located on a 2007 g5? ITS NOT under the passenger side, and i called a dealer, 2x, the first stated there wasnt a filter. ( i hung up) the second stated that the filter is in the gas tank, 347$ for it. 230 for the fuel pump. ( i dont believe it!).. THE problem is strange, i put in a can of guarrateed to pass, and 2 weeks later, it cranks over but doesnt start, like a fuel pump. i banged on the fuel tank heard the prime and the car starts. So the pump does stop running, but a smack on the tank and it works..and when its running the car is smooth and nice ( 4 speed). i really think my filter is clogged. i have it but for real its frigging [email protected] any suggestions or help appreciated. i have replace filters before, and a pump once. i really cannot find this one. i do have an engine light but its a secondary flow intake,
Read more

·
Super Moderator
1,936 Posts
You'll need a quick-disconnect set, and read up on fuel pressure relief before taking off the filter. Still gonna need a rag pile under it, but won't be too bad with the pressure removed.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

41 - 51 of 51 Posts