Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tools Needed: 7mm Socket, Pliers, and 10 mm wrench

Difficulty: Easy

Time: 30 minutes - 1 hour

1. Using the 7mm socket, remove the outside bolts that secure the tail light

2. Using the pliers unscrew the top cargo net hook then pull back the carpeting

3. Using the 10 mm wrench remove the nut that is remaining. Then the taillight should pop out and disconnect the wiring harness

4. Now remove the wiring harness by turning each light socket till they click and pull out

5. Now remove the biggest light bulb, once removed plug in the LED plug into the light socket of the bulb you just removed

6. Now put the remaining 2 light bulbs back into place with the smallest light going into the reverse light hole

7. Now Remove the backing of the black box on the New Tail Light and place it some where in the tail light cavity where it won't be in the way of the tail light

8. Now just put the tail light back in place and replace the nuts and bolts and your done

9. Enjoy your New LED tail lights

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i am not sure. I would think that they would fit in both coupe and sedan considering the stock versions look to be exact same unless i am mistaken

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
jmsigmeth said:
i am not sure. I would think that they would fit in both coupe and sedan considering the stock versions look to be exact same unless i am mistaken
They are different sizes... Sedan has slightly larger tails although not too noticeable by the naked eye.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Damn that sucks!
LED taillights on a coupe would look amazing!
Gah.
We need more pretty things to add.

I'm mad there isn't much out there for the coupe.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i can't wait for someone to come out with new taillights for the coupe, ive been looking all over the place for them, no such luck. someone told me 2-3 months someone should have something

·
Registered
10,414 Posts
Tools Needed: 7mm Socket, Pliers, and 10 mm wrench

Difficulty: Easy

Time: 30 minutes - 1 hour

1. Using the 7mm socket, remove the outside bolts that secure the tail light

2. Using the pliers unscrew the top cargo net hook then pull back the carpeting

3. Using the 10 mm wrench remove the nut that is remaining. Then the taillight should pop out and disconnect the wiring harness

4. Now remove the wiring harness by turning each light socket till they click and pull out

5. Now remove the biggest light bulb, once removed plug in the LED plug into the light socket of the bulb you just removed

6. Now put the remaining 2 light bulbs back into place with the smallest light going into the reverse light hole

7. Now Remove the backing of the black box on the New Tail Light and place it some where in the tail light cavity where it won't be in the way of the tail light

8. Now just put the tail light back in place and replace the nuts and bolts and your done

9. Enjoy your New LED tail lights

No pics?! damn. it. guess i cant do it. haha

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I am just looking to replace the bulb in my tail light of my G5, I am totally unable to disconnect the wire harness. my manual told me to lift a clip, but I can't seem to get it. I also tried to turn it both clockwise and counterclockwise as that appears to be recommended as well...it is not budging. Is there anything anyone can recommend for me to try?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Some pics!

After removing net hook, you can pull back the carpet and access the nuts and screws.

Remove the nuts using a wrench, then you can remove the tail light. Then just turn counterclockwise the connector to unplug it and then you can access the bulbs for replace them.

Hope this helps for those who want to replace the tail light bulbs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts