Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As originally posted by biohazard @ cobaltss.net
http://www.cobaltss.net/forums/showthread.php?t=30248

Tools Need:

Ease of Install: Hard

Estimated time to install: 1-2 hours

Step: 1 Remove the ebrake cover.....

pull off the top of the center counsol

Twist the ebrake handle counter clockwise and it will click, pull it towards the radio and it will slide off

Now your stuck facing that piece i was afraid to cut....

i found out its nothing just cut it straight down the middle

go unti;l you get near the button and stop.... BTW dont cut the metal plate under this yet...
once you get near the top just rip the plastic off around the button and slide off....

OK this next part is what took about 4 hour.... i cant realy explain it because each ebrake is diff. basically this part you just "make your new handle fit"....My handle was alittle small, so i had to bore it out, amnd then cut the top and bottem rail thingys off the metal part shown above.... then i bent the rest of the metal part to make it srtonger and make the profile even lower to get the handle on...

thats just me bending it with some pliers

next i had to cut the handle down because it was too long... its just shoved on there right now is on good... i need a boot to put behind the handle and have to bore out the cap to fit over the button it looks kick ass though

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Now you can edit any content that I have missed /// put it into your words... I got permission from the original poster of biohazard @ css.net to repost.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Also this does not take the stated time,he was the first,I was the second and it only took me 30 minutes.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Renesis said:
also momo knobs are supposedly bigger so they don't need as much trimming to fit!
with the momo knobs there is no trimming,just pull off and on with the new.i just could not pay that much for a knob and still have to buy a boot,the crappy tire one suited me fine.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Renesis said:
:lol:

115 for the knob, 70 for the boot

cdn and tx included but still.. awful lot of money, they better be great! :shock:
wow! you paid way to much,you could have both for 70 bucks

·
'07 Black GT Coupe
2,400 Posts
er no, that's actually discounted from the momo list price, shipping and tax included and in canadian money.

look it up at momocanada.com

119 for the handle 70 for the boot but that's + tx + shipping

1 - 10 of 10 Posts