G5 Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tools Needed: 10mm socket, ratchet, extension (To make it easier), flat head screw driver & Bulbs[/list]

Ease of Install: Easy - once you get the headlights out it's smooth sailing.

Estimated Time to Install: 15-20 mins (depends on how long it takes you to get your headlights out).
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Remove the two 10mm bolts holding the headlight in and also the push clip holding the top of the bumper to the grill. (Very faint green circles)

2) Grab the side nearest to the fender and wiggle out the headlight, if needed pull up the grill or pull the top of the front bumper out to get the headlight out. You can also remove the clips that hold the front fascia on to help you wiggle the light out.

3) The fog light is then visible down under, as seen in the picture, twist the bulb from the fog light and bring it up to take it off the wire.

4) Open the 2 clips on either side of the light

5) Then put everything back together doing the above steps in the reverse order.

·
'07 Black GT Coupe
2,400 Posts
that's nice but on my car on the left side there was a stupid piece of plastic that almost looked like an air intake and blocked access to the fog.

so for that side I had to go from the inner fender (wheel well)

for the right side it was a lot easier to access from above..

·
'07 Black GT Coupe
2,400 Posts
I suck at mechanical but what's the use of that part? it's part of the intake?

with that in, even my gf's tiny arms wouldn't fit in and from the wheel well it's quite a long reach! :shock:

·
Registered
7 Posts
i just wiah i hd fog lights i have a base model..looking for an inlay for the bottom grill, that can fit with fog lightd, but you can buy anything for anything, except the G5...its about time someone sees what a gem we have!!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Ok guys. I've been looking for some time now. I picked up a set of GT lower outer grills. But, I have yet to find how they mount. The grills have the holes with the adjustment screw cutout and I find a million lights but I have yet to find how they mount. I saw somewhere a light on a bracket but I don't find a bracket. Does anyone have a source where those can be found? Or a good picture of how they are held on? :roll:

·
#low
1,537 Posts
Those arent the GT grilles, those are the Base/SE grilles for fog light equipped vehicles.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Your correct, which is what I have. Base model which I want to add fogs but no where is there anything showing the hardware. I have the grill inserts but have no idea what holds the bulb assembly. Just bulbs everywhere.

Those arent the GT grilles, those are the Base/SE grilles for fog light equipped vehicles.

·
#low
1,537 Posts

Thats what the stock fog looks like. I imagine it mounts using a screw on the top, i'll check next time ive got a few minutes to rip the light and shit out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts