G5 Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Pontiac G5 Coupe
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys- I’m at a loss.

I have a 2007 Pontiac G5 GT. I had problems with the fuel line when I first got it, I replaced it and all was well for a while. Then the other week, I go to fill my car up, gas. Gas all on the ground. I got up to half a tank, and it was practically pouring on the ground. I bought fuel resistant epoxy to fix it, I haven’t used it yet. I called a GM dealer. They claimed theyd fix it under the warranty, than I got there and they claimed they wouldn’t fix it because my title is “rebranded” or whatever the fuck that means. Pardon my language, I am just very frustrated. My car only has 90,000 miles, it has 2 previous owners… so I thought the title was clean as I have anentire record of who had it. The previous owner was a girl I went to highschool with and she bought it at 3,000 miles like… There’s no accident history on it at all from what I know. So when they told me that, I was really confused. So I have a feeling the leak is from the pipe that’s connected to the diaphragm, I don’t know what it’s called. It’s very corroded and when I looked under it looks like it’s probably what is leaking. If I reinforce the pipe with the fuel proof epoxy and let it harden and do it’s thing to seal it and whatever leaks, will I be fine? What do I do guys… I really need help. I can’t afford anything big and I’d rather do it myself and at least a temporary fix just to last me for 6 months until I can get on my feet… money is tight and I need this car for work. My car runs fine, it just seems the fuel goes down quick. When I park it it isn’t leaking because I see no spots on the ground, the leak only happens when I fill it.
Please help guys

thanks

·
Registered
2007 Pontiac G5 Coupe
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I definitely think it’s the fuel fillerneck…. That’s the pipe I was referencing I just didn’t know the name. I am going to order a new fuel fillerneck online and try to install it myself but do I need any other supplies to get the job done? Please help. Thanks.

·
Registered
2007 G5 GT in Fusion Orange. Lightly modded
85 Posts
Man, I wish I could help ya with that. It sounds like the filler neck. If you are able to remove the fuel tam\nk, it will probably make the job 100X easier. I've never taken a tank out of one of these things. I did manage to find a video...maybe this will help ya!

·
Registered
2007 Pontiac G5 Coupe
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Man, I wish I could help ya with that. It sounds like the filler neck. If you are able to remove the fuel tam\nk, it will probably make the job 100X easier. I've never taken a tank out of one of these things. I did manage to find a video...maybe this will help ya!

Update: I found the hole it’s in the filler neck pretty close to the top of it!!!! I wrapped duct tape around it just for now I know it’s not ethanol resistant but still anything to termporarily keep the evaporation to a lesser degree. Thank you so much for your help, I don’t think I can drop the take the way I’d like to but

·
Registered
2007 G5 GT in Fusion Orange. Lightly modded
85 Posts
That's good to hear. Maybe you could put some of that epoxy on the tape, so it covers the hole?

Either way, that should get you through the colder weather!

·
Premium Member
12,880 Posts
The best way would be to replace it, but I understand the pinch you are in. I saw that flex-seal makes a tape now. It might be worth trying if the duct tape doesn't hold up. You might get a check engine light with that hole, similar to accidentally leaving the fuel cap loose or off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts