G5 Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on my way home from school for the weekend i blew my sub. its a 2 and a half hour drive and i was bumping. ha ha. oops good thing i have a spare.

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
huh? i cant hear you through that swollen lip of yours.

ps don't run 550 watts through a 450 watt rms sub for a 2.5 hour car trip. ha ha

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
lol i have got a better story last sunday i hooked my old 10" Visonik which will handle about 150 rms had it hooked upto my premier 600rms amp because i was thinking of taking out my type r for winter and running that dinky sub since it has lasted 1 winter already and was holding up fine, the stupid move was cranking my amps bass boost up with my deck volume at half volume while i went to go check out my buddies system that he was tuning, i walk back to my car 2 min later and my sub wasn't moving anymore lol i double checked my connections to the sub and they were fine then i smelt the sub and she was gone i was pretty pissed because i knew if i blew it id at least want to see the nice little smoke show which i didn't even get to see it there was really no loss i got the matching sub,box amp for $45 bucks brand new when i used to work at xs cargo and got it at cost just over 1 year ago

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no but a buddy from school has 2 mtx 8500's idk what size running at 1200 rms and he gave his friends nosebleeds when they rode in the back seat.

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
wow thats just a little bit too much bass for me idk why you would want something so loud for

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
fusiongt said:
wow thats just a little bit too much bass for me idk why you would want something so loud for
I never thought I'd hear you say that Mike lmao. I've heard your system too haha.

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
lol yeah maybe i shouldn't be talking, my main objective for my system was for sq and to get moderately loud yet not to be as loud as robs system :lol:

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
haha us westcoast G5's are suppose to get together soon, I'll listen to his and I'll tell you which one sounds better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts