G5 Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yea i have noticed this for a while now. when i turn i hear like a "thrish" sound on each tire, it used to only be the drivers side but now its both and its gotten louder. also happens sometimes when im driving strait. also my brakes are jerky at low speeds, like a bent bycicle rim with hand brakes, kinda feels like that. any suggestions on what either might be? any help will be great!

·
Banned
4,998 Posts
yea i have noticed this for a while now. when i turn i hear like a "thrish" sound on each tire, it used to only be the drivers side but now its both and its gotten louder. also happens sometimes when im driving strait. also my brakes are jerky at low speeds, like a bent bycicle rim with hand brakes, kinda feels like that. any suggestions on what either might be? any help will be great!
Do you feel the brakes in the steering wheel, or your seat?
Steering wheel = front brakes
Seat/other = rear brakes.

·
Registered
178 Posts
well i dont know how old your car is but i put 10,000 miles on mine and had to have them machined. so im sure that is what it is.

·
Registered
155 Posts
i had an almost crunching noise when i would start off , or cornering , it was my sway bar links, hopes this helps!!

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
I'm sorry, but what the fuck is up wiht people burning through their fucking brakes soooo fast?
Shitty OEM brakes. It is more of a problem if the car is an auto since you cannot downshift.

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
haha, it's all about how you treat your brakes I think... I'm at 60,000km with MAYBE 10% wear on my brake pads and no problems with the rotors. And it's been a city car for the last 50,000km...

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
A lot of people drive in bursts. That is, instead of keeping pace with traffic, they accelerate to catch up and then are forced to brake harder once they do so. If you keep a constant pace, pay attention to traffic trends ahead of you, and start braking earlier to avoid braking harder you generally will be fine.

·
Registered
499 Posts
theres no way your car has only used 10% brake life in 50,000km city driving. Unless a lot of your stop light on on a hill so u set let off the gas and it stops, its not possible. Even with better brakes, period

·
Registered
407 Posts
I can see it being possible especially with a manual and a driver who knows what he/she is doing, you will be surprised how slow you can get with just down shifting alone and working the clutch right. In my old 5spd I hardly ever used brakes unless having to stop pointing down hill. Other than that was only light brake use to get to that full stop while waiting the rest was done by downshift.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts