G5 Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my g5 in april of this year. it was used but was in great condition. had 23xxx on it. When we purchsed the car, it had a slight shake in the front so we took it to the dealer and the replaced both rear tires, which fixed the problem, so i thought. 6xxx later, we rotated the tires and the shake returned. when we took the tires off the car to see what was wrong, we noticed all 4 rims were severly bent, and the two tires that they replaced were not even balanced, and one of the rear rims looked like someone tried to bend it back out. we called the dealer since it is still under the original 36xxx mile factory warranty and they told us that since we bought it used there is nothing they can do about it and to replace them it would cost me $125 each, even from a junk yard. now i am stuck with this $20,000 car that rides like ass. I NEED NEW RIMS. i cant afford to upgrade or spend a fortune on new rims right now so if anyone has their original stock rims or know of a place i can get a set for cheap i would greatly appretiate it!!!!

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
If they are out of round or bent, due to a factory or dealer issue of defect, warranty will cover it, see a dealer. If damaged by previous owner or a non factory defect,, of course that's on you. Why didn't the dealer see this when he originally replaced the 2 tires? Four bent rims is more than highly unusual. Maybe go to another tire/wheel store to get another opinion, before YOU invest any further.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
they probably did see it but didnt want to say anything becase they didnt want to replace them..we had already talked them down $2500 when we bought it and they probably didnt want to lose any more money. they also had to replace the front headlight because it had moisture in it. it probably was due to the previous owner.. it was a leased vehicle before i bought it with only one other owner besides me.
weve checked just about every where, around here we cant get anything under 400 for a set.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I have em... I'd sell them for the right price, and depending on where you are.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I'm in NJ, so shipping WILL be a bitch. I'd have to figure it out though...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts