G5 Club banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, another recall for the G5s/Cobalts. :facepalm:

"In addition to 2005-2007 Chevrolet Cobalts and Pontiac G5 and Pontiac Pursuit sold in Canada only, GM is separately recalling 2003-2007 Saturn Ions, 2006-2007 Chevrolet HHRs, and 2006-2007 Pontiac Solstice and 2007 Saturn Sky models. The affected U.S. vehicle population, including those vehicles recalled Feb. 13, totals 1,367,146."

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/gm/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2014/Feb/0225-ion.html

·
#low
1,537 Posts
GM ignition switches are garbage. Ive been having mad problems with my Yukon, ignition switch dies and the trans no longer shifts and the converter no longer locks up

·
Premium Member
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, it is a Yukon after all ;)

sent from my nexus using stupid autoguide.com app :(

·
#low
1,537 Posts
300k km on it and it still runs strong, perfect compression on all 8 cylinders :p. More than I can say about my family friends 05 Expedition that went to scrap for frame rot at 200k.

:p.

·
Registered
17,069 Posts
I've had this happen to me, twice. So that's what the problem is.

I was even able to take my key out and leave the car running this morning. :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I was even able to take my key out and leave the car running this morning. :lol:
Wow, no shit? Crazy. You can go get a new one free now :)

·
Premium Member
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I said it was free not fast ;)

·
#low
1,537 Posts

Very common with GM vehicles, used to be able to start my buddies cavalier without a key or anything, made it fun when I would purposely leave his passengers door unlocked at school so I could move it around on him.

·
#low
1,537 Posts
I would love for mine to be like that, that way i'd never have to take the key out of my pocket, Chip should be strong enough to work from there.

·
Registered
75 Posts
300k km on it and it still runs strong, perfect compression on all 8 cylinders :p. More than I can say about my family friends 05 Expedition that went to scrap for frame rot at 200k.

:p.
My 92 f150's frame is perfect. Body is rotten. My G5 started to rust year one. All vehicles rust, especially in a salt environment. I am disappointed in my gm, impressed with my ford.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Anyone gotten the letter yet? I heard about this recall on the news 2 weeks ago but have not received anything from gm yet?

·
Premium Member
12,863 Posts
No letter yet. The last recall letter I got was for the fuel leak problem. The only other recall letter I got was for the power steering motor.

·
#low
1,537 Posts
Gm is gonna end up in major shit over this recall, They've known about it and ignored it for years.

·
Premium Member
12,863 Posts
Gm is gonna end up in major shit over this recall, They've known about it and ignored it for years.
I just read in the paper today that this is turning into something huge.

Free loaner cars (no details provided in the article) and $500 towards the purchase of a newer car: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/gm-to-offer-loaner-cars-cash-to-owners-of-recalled-vehicles/

Criminal investigation: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/feds-open-criminal-probe-into-general-motors-over-recall/

This is getting about as much media attention as the Toyota unintended acceleration problem! :shock:

1 - 20 of 48 Posts