G5 Club banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How can I managed to add some hp and torque to my 2007 g5 coupe?

Is it really true that with a less restrictive exhaust and a cai i can add for about 12-15 hp to the car?

Is there other way to increase time response ( except the 38% response that the twm shifter give) of my car and the torque that it can give me?

just take note that i don't really want to put 3000$ for the upgrades ;)
i got rims to buy too lol
thx :twisted:

·
Registered
493 Posts
time responce would be best improved with a fidenza flywheel,iam placing an order for one next week,wont put it on till spring though

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so if i buy this: The entire flywheel replacement... i'll have some major improvement? do i have to install other things on it to be sure that it will do the job for a long time?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Kaptainc3d said:
so if i buy this: The entire flywheel replacement... i'll have some major improvement? do i have to install other things on it to be sure that it will do the job for a long time?
the improvent you see,is how much quicker your rpms shoot up,caustion though,alot of people don;t due this mod,cause its their daily driver and you have to shift quick.
as fast as those rpms go up they also come down just as fast.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Gonedrivin said:
This is way off topic but Mike where did you get ur Downpipe?
got it at http://www.cobaltaddiction.com but I would suggest getting the header/downpipe from ZZP,it tend to be better quality.I clogged my high flow cat in the second week of running the DP,so now i'm running the DP gutted,which is fine cause I need more flow.

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
Exhaust can free u a fair share of HP, but and esp with bigger diamiter exhaust that it is usally high RPM power not off the line. If you go with even 3: exhaust you can free up again decent 10-15 HP but at higher RPMs, also with bigger diamiter exhaust you lose back presure so too big you can lose some low end power.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
good thing to know! :) thx! i already buyed the injen cai and the gmpp exhaust performance system... They've arrived at the shop wouhou! have to go pick'em up!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Hey mike will that zzp downpipe fit the 2.2L's? Because it says it fits 2.0L and 2.4L im just curious. When and if i get mine i think ill just gut it like you did and run catless.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
g5mike said:
Gonedrivin said:
This is way off topic but Mike where did you get ur Downpipe?
got it at http://www.cobaltaddiction.com but I would suggest getting the header/downpipe from ZZP,it tend to be better quality.I clogged my high flow cat in the second week of running the DP,so now i'm running the DP gutted,which is fine cause I need more flow.
You could probably skip on the upshifts for DD.

I tend to start in 2nd if I'm on a level or slightly downward slope.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
About the flywheels... if the consequence of putting a better flywheels on my car is that the rpm go up faster will it really upgrade my torque? Will my top speed be affected of that tune up?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Gonedrivin said:
Hey mike will that zzp downpipe fit the 2.2L's? Because it says it fits 2.0L and 2.4L im just curious. When and if i get mine i think ill just gut it like you did and run catless.
as long as you dont have a late production 06 or 07,cause you would then have this air injection shit,which fucks up installing the header.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Kaptainc3d said:
About the flywheels... if the consequence of putting a better flywheels on my car is that the rpm go up faster will it really upgrade my torque? Will my top speed be affected of that tune up?
It does not upgrade your torque,"it allows you to climb your rpm range quicker=thus allowing you to get down the 1/4 quicker and acheive better times.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts