G5 Club banner

Injectors

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  darkandshadow 
#1 ·
Replaced all four injectors a short time ago. Long time fuel trim came back down around low single digits. Yay! It was headed up (on the negative side), and was probably close to throwing a code. Only thing now is, when cold, and I blip the throttle, there's no 'instant enrichment' and the car stumbles for a half-second. Is there a 're-learn' the ECM needs to do? Maybe need to burp/purge the fuel rail? Those adapter cups really confused me, briefly!

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

#2 ·
I haven't changed the injectors in my car, so I don't have any experience with this. It shouldn't hurt to bleed off any air in the fuel rail. I think there is a schrader valve on the end of the fuel rail. Turn the key on to pressurize the rail and use something to push the valve stem in. It should be gasoline spraying out, not air.

#6 ·
Yep, carefully wiped out the bores and 'adapter collars', and lightly lubed up the o-rings for re-assembly. It only happens when cold, so maybe the MAF sensor is dirty/worn. My Just simply replace it, If it's not too expensive. It's OE, to. Fuel trim numbers also do not indicate compensation for an overly lean situation.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.