G5 Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Product Name: Injen (2.2L/2.4L Performance CAI/SRI)

Type of Modification: Performance - looks sexy under the hood too.

Price: $180 CDN (average pricing is around $250 CDN)

Product Rating: 10

Where you bought it: Ebay - however; you can purchase this from a great online vendor - http://www.turbotechracing.com

After installing this mod I am nothing but ecstatic - the performance gains from this are very noticeable with a great sounding suction from the engine bay as well. I installed this myself in about an hour and when the winter comes I will be able to convert this back into an SRI (Short Ram Intake). Well worth the purchase!

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
black_bullet_gt said:
Amen brother. I also just bought the injen cai and it is ammmmaaaziiingggg!!!!!! The car drives so much better. 10/10 for sure!
farfrmnormal is a Girl. :lol:

I've had mine for almost a year and a half and i love it. 10/10

·
Registered
93 Posts
farfrmnormal said:
Product Name: Injen (2.2L/2.4L Performance CAI/SRI)

Type of Modification: Performance - looks sexy under the hood too.

Price: $180 CDN (average pricing is around $250 CDN)

Product Rating: 10

Where you bought it: Ebay - however; you can purchase this from a great online vendor - http://www.turbotechracing.com

After installing this mod I am nothing but ecstatic - the performance gains from this are very noticeable with a great sounding suction from the engine bay as well. I installed this myself in about an hour and when the winter comes I will be able to convert this back into an SRI (Short Ram Intake). Well worth the purchase!
Why will u convert it in winter? (it's better to have a short ram intake in winter than a cai?)

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
I think she's talking about damage from that layer of snow that forms inbetween your tire and fender?

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
A CAI sits in the fender well and I live in an area where we get a lot of snow - with the recent winters the snow melts quickly, but not entirely and slush forms on the road. I don't want to be sucking all that nasty stuff up into my engine during the winter.

·
Registered
62 Posts
With this installed as a CAI, do you have to worry about rain water getting up in there, or just snow/slush? Also, will the CAI fit a Automatic? I had a Saturn that wouldn't accept a CAI because the tranny was in the way.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
iixnullxii said:
With this installed as a CAI, do you have to worry about rain water getting up in there, or just snow/slush? Also, will the CAI fit a Automatic? I had a Saturn that wouldn't accept a CAI because the tranny was in the way.

Thanks.
Yes it will fit an auto, You shouldn't have to worry about water unless it is over a foot high.** I've had mine on my car for a good year and a half or more, after having it on there for a year i went to clean the filter. it looked like it was still brand new.

** anyone that drives through a foot of water is asking for trouble

·
Registered
62 Posts
PursuitGT said:
iixnullxii said:

Thanks.
Yes it will fit an auto, You shouldn't have to worry about water unless it is over a foot high.** I've had mine on my car for a good year and a half or more, after having it on there for a year i went to clean the filter. it looked like it was still brand new.

** anyone that drives through a foot of water is asking for trouble
Thank you so much sir! I will post pics as soon as I get this installed. By the way, is it very difficult to install? I see front bumper removal in my near future.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
the install is not hard if you know what you're doing. you can either take the front bumper off or just jack the car up and take off the fender lining

·
Registered
77 Posts
Tooks me and a buddy less then an hour to install took the wheel liner off, Love the sound even with the stock exhaust system.

5/5 from me

1 - 20 of 21 Posts