G5 Club banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dunno if this is the right section for this but i just installed it on the weekend and i have a problem, all the shifts seem too high in the throw ill use picts to demonstrate my point
Neutral

1st[/img]

4th

4th looks like where neutral should be and 1st is way too high so high that it pulls the shift boot out. anybody else have this problem and how did u fix it?
Thanks

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Well, Farfromnormal mentioned her boot popping out of place while shifting. If hers is the same, then f**k getting a TWM. I know a guy in a 06 cobalt that has a shifter he bought off of ebay for 80 bucks. It looks great and sits perfect. I think I'm leaning more towards the cheap shit. I prefer quality over price...

·
Registered
52 Posts
th0ughtless said:
Well, Farfromnormal mentioned her boot popping out of place while shifting. If hers is the same, then f**k getting a TWM. I know a guy in a 06 cobalt that has a shifter he bought off of ebay for 80 bucks. It looks great and sits perfect. I think I'm leaning more towards the cheap shit. I prefer quality over price...
Although she may have the same shifter, i'm pretty sure this problem is unique to the original poster. Lol, boot popping out and boot only going in in 2nd 4th and Reverse seem to be somewhat different issues.

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
Thats an easy fix.
When you re-attached your shifter cables you did it wrong. Someone post a picrture looking down on the shifter so that you can see the cables and i will explain it.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hitokirijay said:
th0ughtless said:
Although she may have the same shifter, i'm pretty sure this problem is unique to the original poster. Lol, boot popping out and boot only going in in 2nd 4th and Reverse seem to be somewhat different issues.
i do have all the other gears working as well but i just decided to give picts of those to show the position of the shifts.

there is a pict of the cables in the instructions to install but i just cant seem to find a way to post the pict on step 13

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hitokirijay said:
th0ughtless said:
i do have all the other gears working as well but i just decided to give picts of those to show the position of the shifts.

there is a pict of the cables in the instructions to install but i just cant seem to find a way to post the pict on step 13
http://www.twmperformance.com/manuals/C ... Manual.pdf

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
In the first picture you will notice how close the gray clip it the the end of the cable.
In the second picture i have added the gray clip in green, with more space between the end.(blue)

What you want to do is hold the shifter so it is in the middle of the opening and measure or take a mental note on how far it is from the radio/AC.

Now remove the center console.
Before you unhook anything put the car in neutral, then unhook the 2 clips(gray and white) place the shifter so its in the same position
as when you were holding it in the middle of the opening and clip it back on to the cables.

Let me know if this makes sence im not the best at explaining things.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
PursuitGT said:
In the first picture you will notice how close the gray clip it the the end of the cable.
In the second picture i have added the gray clip in green, with more space between the end.(blue)

What you want to do is hold the shifter so it is in the middle of the opening and measure or take a mental note on how far it is from the radio/AC.

Now remove the center console.
Before you unhook anything put the car in neutral, then unhook the 2 clips(gray and white) place the shifter so its in the same position
as when you were holding it in the middle of the opening and clip it back on to the cables.

Let me know if this makes sence im not the best at explaining things.
a little confusing but i think i understand. ill throw u a pm if i have any problems when i try to fix it on saturday. i cant do it today cause i dont wanna fuck something up so i cant get to work tomorrow.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
would u like me to caress it and kiss it before i send it off as well?...lol

·
Registered
649 Posts
I JUST checked this thread out - sorry guys....

When my boot popped out it was because a piece of the plastic retaining ring was cracked so there was too much give in the boot and each time I shifted into 4th it popped up "slightly" nothing like that. Once the cables are adjusted properly you will find it hard to tell which gear it is in when the car is parked. The shifts are so short that even when it sits in 5th you will think its 4th.

Please don't bash a companies product before looking at the whole story. When it comes to these types of things the individual installing it may have installed the product wrong (In this case that is what happened). I want to be the first to let you all know that installing a CHEAP replica product could cost you more money in the long run - and in this case price buys you quality. Ask G5Mike and PursuitGT - they all have had this product on their cars almost from day one. Its important that we don't make assumptions because with a car like ours (new to the market) we could be pushing manufacturers away from making products because they are afraid of defects occurring or G5 owners bashing the product. Just be careful of what you say please.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts