G5 Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently installed a older kenwood hu with a single 10" subwoofer and 1400 watt amp in my 07 G5 base and now when I use turn signals, pw windows/locks or hit the brake pedal I can hear it feed back through the sub. All grounds for entire system are either hooked to the negative of battery or chassis ground from battery. I've tried different rca's along with rerouting them and still same effect. I'm wondering if anybody else has ran into this. The only thing I haven't done is moved the 12v constant for hu from harness to constant power elsewhere. Any help would be appreciated.

·
557 Posts
How did you run the RCA cables to the AMP in the back? If you ran them down the sides of the car, you might be too close to the stock wiring which will cause electrical interference or feedback. This guy has a great video for checking multiple sections for this type of issue:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ran brand new gold tipped rca's down the middle and it still did it. It's not your typical feedback, I can hear every time turn signal bulbs energize as well as brake when ever either is activated. I recently noticed it does it when using window switches as well.

·
557 Posts
Again, it's possible you have the new cables running to close to the original, or any other electrical device. Cable shielding only does so much (unless you shield the new wires in tinfoil or something) to prevent electron energy causing interference. Remember the door speaker wires require them to go through the flex pipe in the door into the side of the car, which is your first pinch point. Double check that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had them ran straight down middle from head unit to amp just laying there and it still did it. I don't see how a pinched factory door speaker wire would give me feed back to my subwoofer and not factory speakers. Again the feed back only occurs when using turn signals or brakes and windows, nothing else causes it. Does it running and when not but key in on position. Only wires hooked up to factory wiring is 12v constant for memory and factory speaker wires.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got it fixed, it's a bad ground on rca's in the head unit. Ran a wire from 1 side of rca's to head unit housing then to a ground point.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts