G5 Club banner
1 - 20 of 421 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
06blackbeauty said:
u only have 1 post so ill forgive u. next time before u post try using the search button. this topic was posted many times aready. heres the link to the place i got mine from fast shipping and good price
http://www.turbotechracing.com/productc ... oduct=1269
Thanks for letting them know. If you really wanted to know there is a topic about this in the product reviews section where I posted my review on the product.

·
Registered
34 Posts
theres no cutting to get the cai to work? i remember on my cougar i had to drill a 3.5" hole in the fender to get the pipes to fit through.

·
Registered
2 Posts
in the injen cai for the colbolt the same. the dealer im buying it off of says if its not the right one then im stuck with it

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
mots said:
in the injen cai for the colbolt the same. the dealer im buying it off of says if its not the right one then im stuck with it
The only difference between the balt and the G5 are all looks.

·
Registered
649 Posts
On a side note - my filter is going to be needing a cleaning sometime soon. I am curious, those of you who own an Injen and have cleaned yours, what cleaning product did you use and which oil to re-oil it? I am looking into the K&N but was wondering if this will work as well.

·
Registered
162 Posts
farfrmnormal said:
On a side note - my filter is going to be needing a cleaning sometime soon. I am curious, those of you who own an Injen and have cleaned yours, what cleaning product did you use and which oil to re-oil it? I am looking into the K&N but was wondering if this will work as well.
I would stick with K&N cleaning kits for K&N filters and Injen cleaning kits for Injen flters. http://www.injen.com/docs/products/listing.asp?pcc=ol

·
Registered
649 Posts
My intake has been on the car since may or so. I am not going to clean it quite yet, but probably around the time I have my next oil change done (This will be October or November, just before winter). I just wanted to find out some info on the cleaning kits.

·
Registered
649 Posts
After taking a look at the filter today I think I am going to clean it ASAP - I have noticed my car consuming more gas then usual and is a little sluggish as well. I read on the old site (I have a backup of the old DB) that using a K&N kit is no different then using the Injen kit - also, I can't really be waiting for the kit to arrive since this is an urgent matter - shipping is a fortune as well.

·
Original Member
904 Posts
i think he means the more expensive injector cleaners to help get rid of the slugishness. but the k/n filter cleaning kit will do the same thing as the injen. I wouldn't even be suprised if that stuff was from the same manufacturer, just diffrent label.

Also, if ur car is still actting up after the filter clean, deppending on the millage on ur car, look into a fuel filter, spark plugs and possiblly injector cleaner

1 - 20 of 421 Posts