G5 Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I want to preface this by saying i'm not a racer, and i'm not stupid. This is a story I chose to share and I don't want to hear 'you're dumb you shouldn't race' or ' your going to kill someone' or any other type of flame. Thanks

So it goes like this. It's one in the morning and I'm coming home from hanging out around my school. As i'm making my exit from the highway, I get a ricer flyby from this pimped out civic. I looked around and saw him flying by me at around 90 mph, fart can screaming. So I look ahead and the road is empty, being one. So i decide to not take the exit haha.

I downshift into third and catch up pretty quick. At this point im doing 95. I beep three times and see if he takes off. Of course he does. So I gun it and easily take him by about three or four car lengths (it's had to see through the tints on this dark road). As i'm about to shut down to do it again, I see him lurch forward and catch up pretty quick. I'm thinking, wow a base civic on the bottle. How original around here. I'm still pulling a bit on him, but not that much. At this point the speedo reads 110.

Out of nowhere, I see flashing lights pull out of the darkness and Im like, oh shit its over. I make the desicion and pull off the next exit, flip off my lights on the deserted exit street, and gun it into a construction site. The cars engine is off before i'm even stopped and im out of the car walking down the street as the cop flies past. Return about twenty minutes later to find it still there, perfectly fine.

Such a close call. Hope you enjoyed the story, sorry it was so long.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I wouldn't have left the car, either way if they found it, you would be f0rked.

G

·
0 Posts
Nice kill, and nice move on the cops.

Usually you see that shit in the movies, never expected it to actually work lol.

Maybe he didnt expect you to get off the highway, or maybe he chased down that civic. either way, I doubt he got a good look at you, to know what you were driving anyways.

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know that he didnt get my license plate, I was to far away. I left the car so that if he drove by an empty construction yard full of vehicles, mine wouldnt be the only one with an occupant. I only walked down to the corner and watched for a second. He drove by really quick soon after I got out of my car so I know he didnt chase the civic, which he should have since it would have been super easy to hear his exhaust haha

Yeah I totaly felt unreal while doing it. I should have just lifted up my front seat, turned on my N2O, and hit the activator button in my hazard lights :D :D :D

G

·
0 Posts
njg5gt said:
Yeah I totaly felt unreal while doing it. I should have just lifted up my front seat, turned on my N2O, and hit the activator button in my hazard lights :D :D :D
So you have nos too, lol. I dont trust it, did you do it yourself? Maybe I would feel safer if someone who has experience installing nos did my system.

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hahaha awesome reply.

that was a quote from The Fast and The Furious.

but yes, I do have N2O and I installed it myself

G

·
0 Posts
njg5gt said:
hahaha awesome reply.

that was a quote from The Fast and The Furious.

but yes, I do have N2O and I installed it myself
well when I read you lifted the seat, I instantly thought of the scene where he lifts his seat up lol. Im not dumb. I just thought you did the same thing thats all lol.

Nos question then back on track- How do you recharge the system? new bottle, etc...

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha I should do that, but I didn't. I just get the bottle refilled with N2O when it's getting low on my pressure gauge

G

·
0 Posts
I dont think you could do it, unless you wanted to shave some stuff under the seat, and make it very uncomfortable for passengers, I think if you put it in your trunk, and go get a valve and run a hose under the rear seats, and put the valve in your arm rest storage area, that way you can flip it up, and open the n2o from there, lol.

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
oh, you're asking how i open it when I want to use it?

I have a remote bottle opener from ZEX installed. Got it when I got the bottle warming kit

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
lol good way to show thoes little ricers whos boss

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
funny thing is, even with his nitrous, i still didnt have to use mine. granted if we had gone on for much longer, i would have given a quick couple seconds spray to top off fourth so that his like, 10seond spray wouldnt have taken me

·
Registered
100 Posts
You stupid idiot! You shouldn't race on the streets!

Just kidding. Not like I haven't done it before. Probably would have if I hadn't just been passed by a cop when I had some stupid Corrolla with a fart can exhaust tip come on me hard and match my speed tonight. He got my attention and then went for it. I jumped forward, but didn't go. By the time he noticed the cop he was screwed. BTW, I was driving my wife's Cobalt SS/NA, so it would have been an interesting race. It would have been the same as if a G5 GT sedan were racing (which doesn't exist in the states). SS/SC was at home.

G

·
0 Posts
domin8 said:

Just kidding. Not like I haven't done it before. Probably would have if I hadn't just been passed by a cop when I had some stupid Corrolla with a fart can exhaust tip come on me hard and match my speed tonight. He got my attention and then went for it. I jumped forward, but didn't go. By the time he noticed the cop he was screwed. BTW, I was driving my wife's Cobalt SS/NA, so it would have been an interesting race. It would have been the same as if a G5 GT sedan were racing (which doesn't exist in the states). SS/SC was at home.
If you were driving your ss/sc, you could have just revved your engine so he could hear your supercharger whine, he prolly would have quit. BUT he has a ticket so its a win/lose situation, lol.

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
BTY Elit3 said:
domin8 said:

If you were driving your ss/sc, you could have just revved your engine so he could hear your supercharger whine, he prolly would have quit. BUT he has a ticket so its a win/lose situation, lol.
he probably wouldnt have known what a supercharger sounds like, or even what a supercharger is.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts