G5 Club banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 12" JBL sub and baseworks amp and box and when ever i play it loud i get a lot of vibration and rattle noise. I have my entire truck installed professionally with dynamat but it didnt seem to help.. Ive noticed that the dome light is one of the main reasons for the ratttle noise and I usually take the plastic piece out when its playing loud. this works great but looks bad.. lol obviously. im thinking of taking out the plastic piece and using a hot glue gun to put a thin layer of glue around the edge of the plastic to act as a bumper and then putting it back in..

Any other ideas on how to reduce vibration without losing too many pay checks.. thanks.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I put some foam tape up in the dome light crack.. worked for me.
I did the same thing.!
Sometimes the little Baby seat anchor plastic tabs in the back vibrate to those can be easily fixed. Just put some foam or something under them. Also i noticed the little light in the trunk rattles loose sometimes but was making a little squeaky noise.

Dynamat can solve a lot of vibrations but no matter how much you lie down something will find a way to vibrate.

But it does seem once you fix some vibrations a few weeks later something else starts vibrating loudly.

Note: Ever notice the edges of the spoiler flapping up and down? I sometimes think my car wishes it could fly.

·
Banned
4,998 Posts
my glove box doesn.t make any noise but it does pop open every so often :(
Hahahaha! My old truck did that.
Finally one day I just said 'Okay, FUCK YOU! Stay open! See if I care.'

After that...the radio died, the truck started sputtering, my lights started flickering....

I reached over, slowly closed the glove box, and everything went back to normal. :wtf

·
Banned
4,998 Posts
Hahahaha! Pliers are for pussies...especially when our cars come with a fuse puller....which I lost after the 1st time opening the fuse panel :(

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
Hahahaha! Pliers are for pussies...especially when our cars come with a fuse puller....which I lost after the 1st time opening the fuse panel :(
Correct me if I am wrong but I think there is another fuse puller in the fusebox under the hood.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hahahaha! My old truck did that.
Finally one day I just said 'Okay, FUCK YOU! Stay open! See if I care.'

After that...the radio died, the truck started sputtering, my lights started flickering....

I reached over, slowly closed the glove box, and everything went back to normal. :wtf
There was one day not to long ago when every like 2 minutes the glove box kept popping open. I kept closing it, I figured it was the bass. Then i realized my music wasn't really on loud and there was plastic stuck in the little latch thingy. I felt pretty dumb =[. I was all like wow my bass is hitting so good today.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
You know where a lot of my vibrations were coming from? The rear-view mirror. There are two screws, tighten them a little bit and shove a piece of foam inside of it to pad the switch-thingy against the frame of the mirror. Also, the trunk. There was a thread about it (possibly a how-to), but stick some foam on the trunk where it meets the body. There are two rubber pads, but just give them a little more buffer with the foam.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Im having the same problem with my dome light so where exactly do you put the foam tape so it doesn't vibrate?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts