G5 Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my XM subscription ended earlier this week (in mid-commute, that sucks!) and I'm now toting the iPod around and pluggin in to stock HU. Where do you put your iPod to keep it from sliding around while you drive?

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
I've got my iPod hooked into the back end of my Touchscreen Navigation system controlled on screen... Only makes sence for me to keep my iPod in the glove compartment :p 8) .

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
I have the PAL

but when I didnt, the cupholder was good choice for me, or the passenger seat when no bitches were in the car =]

G

·
The cupholder would work, OR if your cord is long enough, you could tape it under your dash, and stick your ipod in the glove compartment on the left of the wheel.

I dont have an iPod, maybe I should get one?

G

·
And your a primitive homosapien who picks his own butt, whats the diffey, lol.

I am talking about a monkey if you didnt catch on

G

·
I guess if you wanted to, you could buy a mount like this

Probably just cheaper to put it in your cup holder, and get a napkin or something to stuff down in the bottom to keep it from scratching or something.

·
zoom zoom!
1,641 Posts
I just toss the Nano in the cupholder. I don't care about scratches on it to be honest. It's over a year old, used for my workouts/runs everyday for about 1-2 hours. It's been dropped, tossed, thrown (I have a temper...) and I'm actually surprised it's still working. The only thing is that it skips on certain songs sometimes. :?

when it dies, I'll get another one. It's a first gen, and I like the second gens... then they had to come out with the tiny 3rd gens that I would lose or break too quickly, haha

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
ringflyer said:
I just toss the Nano in the cupholder. I don't care about scratches on it to be honest. It's over a year old, used for my workouts/runs everyday for about 1-2 hours. It's been dropped, tossed, thrown (I have a temper...) and I'm actually surprised it's still working. The only thing is that it skips on certain songs sometimes. :?

when it dies, I'll get another one. It's a first gen, and I like the second gens... then they had to come out with the tiny 3rd gens that I would lose or break too quickly, haha
Flash memory is pretty durable when it comes to taking shots. Its the Hard Drive ones that hate taking hits. I've already replaced the Toshiba drive in mine already.

·
Premium Member
12,861 Posts
ringflyer said:

My wife's nano went through the washing machine. I let it sit on top of the warm computer for a day or so to dry out, and it works fine! When she found it in the bottom of the washing machine, she started crying and kicking the washing machine at the same time!

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I throw my 30 Gig Ipod in the space right under e-brake. Also guys, if you get tired of messing with itunes, you should check out rockbox. Rockbox is an OS replacement that runs and looks simpler. Its also customizable. The thing I like about it is you don't have to use itunes to add music to the ipod. Just copy the audio files directly to the drive. I only use my ipod for music, so I couldn't tell you much about how well it works with video.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts