G5 Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
'Gremlin' the 07 G5GT (913L)
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another week, another stupid idea
From the practically nothing I know, it seems like its just a motor in place of the alternator connected to the battery and a couple other things (gauges, ECU for Start-Stop, regenerative braking,ect). Anyone know anything about it? I know BAS (Malibu Hybrid) and eAssist (Impala 2014) were both on versions of our engines.
Im not particularly interested in the Start-Stop but if the eAssist motor works (more torque!) and the Regen Braking does, thats good enough for me.
...Oh yea, might save some gas too!

·
Registered
'Clementine' 07 G5 Coupe
20 Posts
Sound's interesting, I don't think I will be of much help other than maybe moral support unfortunately,

Definitely going to have to keep an eye out for this one

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well my bigger idea is; If I do electric hub motors in the rear, I could run them off a similar 115v battery with the eAssist motor running off that. Looking at the eAssist motor there is a plug that could possibly be adapted to run off whatever main computer the hub motors would be using.

·
Registered
'Clementine' 07 G5 Coupe
20 Posts
Hm, running it in the rear would be cool. My friend was considering something similar for his 1992 Honda Accord. He's engine swapping it but he's looking into a way to be able to run the electric motor independent of the gas engine. His theory is that he'd be able to have the option of running FWD, RWD, or AWD. I'll talk to him about it a bit more and relay on whatever he has on his mind about it, though I believe it's still very much in the "this would be really cool" stage of the plan.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
though I believe it's still very much in the "this would be really cool" stage of the plan.
Lol, its ok thats exactly where Im at rn too xD

Reactions: BONzi

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So I was talking with my mechanic about this earlier, and he told me about a build he's seen on a different vehicle that uses an electric motor to supply torque to the crank until the electric motor freespins at higher engine RPMs

·
Registered
'Clementine' 07 G5 Coupe
20 Posts
So I was talking with my mechanic about this earlier, and he told me about a build he's seen on a different vehicle that uses an electric motor to supply torque to the crank until the electric motor freespins at higher engine RPMs
So essentially you'd just be getting the additional low end/instant torque to your wheels. I can see that working to extend the effective power band.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
So essentially you'd just be getting the additional low end/instant torque to your wheels
Yes as well as taking load off the crank. However, if the cap for the eAssist generator supplying Torque to the belt is RPM, there's always larger generator pulleys. If downsizing our M62 pulley increases its RPM, it should work the other way around for the generator. Then you can move the effective powerband. Theres also potentially upgrading the HV motor in the generator but I'd have to pull one apart to know

Reactions: BONzi

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im trying to find a pinout for the 14 Impala Eco Generator for a while but no luck so far

1 - 9 of 9 Posts