G5 Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2008 g5 standard 2.2l
I don’t get a cel specifying that the relearn procedure is necessary when I replace the crankshaft position sensor. Replaced the sensor ~6 months ago, I couldn’t find any shop with the proper machine for gm or that would preform the procedure without them replacing the sensor. I ran through the manual process driving, but don’t know if it did anything.
I am not getting a code for it now, but when I took it to a shop to help locate a misfire, they said when the car gets hot the sensor starts to fail, so I’m gonna replace it again.

·
Registered
2007 G5 GT in Fusion Orange. Lightly modded
67 Posts
It could also be a faulty connector. You could try using dome dielectric grease on the connector and see if that helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
P1336 would be a stored code for crank relearn.
Not sure if CEL is lit
Ok I was researching your answer and from what I’m getting the stored codes wont trigger a pending code unless the issue occurs multiple times, does that sound right? The same article mentions if the cel flashes there is a critical error code. Mine will flash occasionally, I have also been dealing with a mystery multiple cylinder misfire for the past six months or so

·
Registered
14 Posts
Is your timing chain worn? I am just wondering if any of your miss is timing related?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts