G5 Club banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I tried to take the glove box out. Thinking that it was a simple task, pull the sides in and pull it out. Great! But, then it has this cable on the right side. So then I see that you just slide the clip down and it should pop right off. Wrong!! I had messed with it for over an hour and could not figure it out. I even took it to a mechanic and he made it worse with scratches and he still didn't take it off. I'm frustrated. Get home, now I know that on the back side of this clip is a big tab but what I didn't notice is that there's a tiny tab on the inside of the hole where you're supposed to slide it down. So I got my screwdriver and push it inwards and as I'm pushing inwards I'm grabbing the clip and I'm sliding it downwards and finally boom slides off!!! I watched several videos could not find the exact same clip, I even looked in my manual no instructions about this little tab. I feel so silly about this one little task that ended up taking me few hours to figure it out. oh boy... hope replacing the air door actuator goes much smoother after this.
15865705120793000462022278382421.jpg
1586570617422685196974665020903.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol I have no knowledge about cars or even how to fix them, I research, look through my book, watch a ton of diy YouTube videos. I've already replaced the ac/heater blower motor, resistor, now attempting the Actuator. Lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts