G5 Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 2.2 ecm.

22 bucks shipped.

ebay auction, real picture and everything, not a generic picture. and i went outside to compare them, and it checks out.

i love how my engrish on here always sucks ass...

just won it. 9.99 starting bid, and i was the only bidder. buy it now was set at 99 bucks. 12 dollar flat rate shipping.

im pretty excited, i just thought id let you guys in on my great deal.

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i did. and i already ordered it.

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i went out and looked, mine has 2. the 3rd probably has something to do with vvt. lol idk

·
Premium Member
3,193 Posts
third plug is for the TCU control for autos. If he is a manual like me, only 2 plugs.

Also, the Serv. No. MUST match what you have or it wont work. Its in small txt on the lower left of the label on the ecu. the one in the pic is 12597125.

·
Premium Member
3,193 Posts
huh. maybe the 2.4 require 3 no matter what. I do know that a 2.2 auto has 3 while the 2.2 manual only has 2.

·
Premium Member
3,193 Posts
ah, sadly no. if you have 3 connectors on your ecu, then no worky. Get the serv. no. off the one you have and search on ebay for it. be sure to search in the discription. :)

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so i guess they use the same ecu in some silverados, as well as all the 07 2.2s in multiple cars, and the 08 2.4.

ill email the guy i bought it from and see what kind of car that it came out of, but if its out of an 07 2.2 car, can i just swap it right in? or will it have to be flashed for my vin?

·
Premium Member
3,193 Posts
The ecu is on the right side in front of the fuse box. there is a plastic cover on it that slides up and off.

·
Resident Troll
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
can vince do it, or will i need a dealer to do it?

find out for me asap. lol im about to order a tune, finally

·
2+2= <*)))><
12,521 Posts
Vince can do it for sure.

Just make a note on the order form, I'm assuming you are ordering online?, that you will be putting the tune on a spare ECM.

He will call you, probably tomorrow now seeing as it's 9:30 over there, and you can let him know anything you might need to explain and you can let him know an estimated time frame that you will get the other ECM so you can get the GT tuner around that time too.

Text me if you have any questions, more questions that is, or need help getting in contact with him.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts