G5 Club banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on my way to work this morning... just comming off Highway 1 (Trans Canada) and going off at Willingdon North exit.

Just as I was going off the Freeway turning the corner of the exit...Gravity forces kicked and my car kept going the way it hit the corner instead turning...

NATURALLY I spun the wheel around.. (forgot to hit the clutch as I was wrenching on my breaks) stalled the car... lost my power steering, no abs to help... NO JOKE I probably did a 900 degree spin(2 and half spins).... Faced the opposit direction just on the offramp on the freeway... RIGHT ON THE EDGE... that was scary as hell.

End result.. started up the car and made my way to McDonalds as I do every morning... reality struck me when I got to work and absolute shocked kicked in.. If I had fallen off the offramp, I could have easily landed on the roof.

I was only doing about 55 KM/H, only 40 000 KMs on the tires... I checked them, and the tred is much lower on all 4 tires than I had imagined. HOW RIDICULOUS! I'm going to call the dealer and talk to them to find out if the tires have any warranty (which I'm sure they'll say its regular wear/tear). I'm going to head to get some new ones this week sometime on my day off. Probably going to head down south because of the Canadian $$$! :).

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
that's a nasty corner when its wet, slow down and check your equipment :p

Seriously though, glad you're ok.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks... Yeah, I know I go there daily.. driven it hundereds of times... I think I might have hit a slick of oil or something... a few hours later I saw a car off to the side, same spot where I lost it. :?

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Damn man, you're lucky as shit. I'm glad you got out of it. As far as the warranty, I don't see them covering your tires. If you have the continental bullshit like I have on my car, theres only a 12 month warranty.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Good thing you're alright!

My tires are shit too after 30k km on them. I keep sliding around, it won't turn if it's wet... gotta get some new tires :(

·
'07 Black GT Coupe
2,400 Posts
wow glad to hear you and your car are ok.

that's why I never go cheap on tires, they're the only things keeping us in contact with the ground and the cheapest mod you can make that improves braking, handling and acceleration

be sure to check out tirerack.com for your next tires, they have great prices handle all the customs and ship quickly 8)

·
Premium Member
711 Posts
Atleast didnt get hurt.

Accally the way I look at it, atlongest its not seroius..... I rather get hurt then my car. I grow back :p car dosent :(

Really though your safe! If it was RWD it prob would have crashed. FWD FTW! 8)

·
zoom zoom!
1,641 Posts
glad to hear you're ok... could have been a lot worse

if it makes you feel better, my car will hit 10,000km in the next couple days, and my tires don't like going up a slight incline in the rain now-a-days.

ah well. next summer I'll get some new tires :)

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
I wish I could remember 10,000K hah

I just hit 25,500 last night.

·
zoom zoom!
1,641 Posts
denlou said:
I wish I could remember 10,000K hah

I just hit 25,500 last night.
haha, I'm on an island... not going very far unless I catch a ferry. Plus, I am within 10km of everything I need here - work, gym, friends/family (that lives here).

If I were in winnipeg still, my car would have about 20,000kms + since January of this year...

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
Yeah that's true, this cars been to Saskatchewan and the interior three times.

·
Premium Member
1,602 Posts
glad your ok man, yeah i just hit 15300km tonight and only have had it since december :( this weekend i might but putting on another 1200km on it BUT my car has not had a good run on the highway yet for more than 4 hours straight so i think ill bite the bullet on this one even i hate to see my odometer going up faster and faster

1 - 20 of 24 Posts