G5 Club banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in an "accident" earlier today with a box truck. He hit my back bumper as I was turning right onto my road (I'm pretty sure he sped up as I was turning). The cop gave me a ticket for improper right turn. The only damage to my car was some paint transfer from his front bumper, no dents or scratches. I can scratch the paint off with my nail but my question is how do I get the marks off without damaging my paint? Also, does anyone in Michigan know if I can take some kind of class to get the points off my license?

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
I'd try a polishing wax. I also do not get the ticket part. In a lot of cases it seems the person that hits the car in front of him is deemed responsible for the accident, even if it really wasn't his fault.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Here in Michigan we have a no fault law. So its total crap but its noones fault when you get rear ended.but op go to your district court and fight the ticket. The cop usually never shows up and you get the points or ticket killed entirely

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not sure why I got a ticket either. It was 3 against one so... The officer said he would find the least offense for a citation and I guess improper right turn was the best. I also just noticed the township he put on the ticket is incorrect. I'm worried if I go to court to fight it they could give me a ticket for something worse. Plus I have no idea what the court costs would be if I lose. It's 2 points on my license and $115 so I might just pay it and see if there is a drivers safety class I can take to remove the points.

·
Registered
86 Posts
In my experience fighting tickets the judge or whatever asked me what happened and i explained my Side of what happened. No cop showed up so the judge went off what i said and waived the ticket. Worth a shot.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
People get out of tickets with any slight error in information on them frequently. You will most likely win if you go to court and I'm pretty sure they can't just add some other offence since that ticket was already issued without mentioning anything else. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure you can get out of this bogus ticket.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
If it is the wrong township consider yourself out of it. End of story

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Correction wrote down wrong township

·
#low
1,537 Posts
I'm not sure why I got a ticket either. It was 3 against one so... The officer said he would find the least offense for a citation and I guess improper right turn was the best. I also just noticed the township he put on the ticket is incorrect. I'm worried if I go to court to fight it they could give me a ticket for something worse. Plus I have no idea what the court costs would be if I lose. It's 2 points on my license and $115 so I might just pay it and see if there is a drivers safety class I can take to remove the points.
$5 says he wrote that down on purpose. I had a cop do that with a date with me, he even encouraged me to fight the ticket and hinted to me getting out of the points. Just fight it on your own, if its anything like court is here, the worst that will happen is they will reduce the charge, usually half the $ value and no points, thats what happened to me with my other speeding ticket, and hopefully with the one i just got.

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
If you go to court tell your story, judge will be willing to work with you either dismiss it or cut the fine in half. you have nothing to lose, they cant charge you with anything else for trying to fight it.

·
#low
1,537 Posts
I know in ontario the cop has 3 months to amend a charge, but it has to be done in person. Usually it takes 6 months to get a court date, so they wont be able to raise your charge when it comes time to court. You'll get it completely removed if he wrote the township down wrong, dont even bother with a lawyer, its an easy fight.

·
Registered
34 Posts
there is a new law out there where if u are turning u are at least 25 percent at fault no matter what i had it happen to me 10 years ago when a guy passed a car behind me in town and was speeding on top still got charged

·
Registered
268 Posts
While on the topics of tickets, I'm in Canada and just got a ticket for 1-10 over 110(3)(a). Does this affect my insurance?

Newfoundlander born and bred.

·
#low
1,537 Posts
Yes it does. Any charge will effect your insurance unless there is something writen in your policy otherwise. Some policies will let you get one or two per one or two years, but most dont.

Just go fight it and it will probably get thrown out...

Im so glad the cops here dont bother unless its over 20 over.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Yes it does. Any charge will effect your insurance unless there is something writen in your policy otherwise. Some policies will let you get one or two per one or two years, but most dont.

Just go fight it and it will probably get thrown out...

Im so glad the cops here dont bother unless its over 20 over.
Can I contest the ticket for my rims being big and throwing my speedo off?

Newfoundlander born and bred.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts