G5 Club banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just ordered a performance chip.. I know a lot of you told me not too do it but I saw some installation videos and it looks like a easy install and was fairly cheap so I went for it.. I'm looking forward to it getting here so I can see if I made a good decision or not.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
i dont have one but from what i know trifecta tune>>>>>>performance chip.

from what i hear the tune is well worth the money

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
Just ordered a performance chip.. I know a lot of you told me not too do it but I saw some installation videos and it looks like a easy install and was fairly cheap so I went for it.. I'm looking forward to it getting here so I can see if I made a good decision or not.
link to aforementioned chip?

·
falkor!!!
23,478 Posts
one big word of caution. you will likely see some decent performance results from the chip. however, the extra performance will be at the expense of your engine in the long run. the chip basically tricks your car's computer into believing things are happening that aren't. this will add extra stress on the engine daily - even when just tooling around town.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Had one on my 95 Eclipse back in the day. Lets just say i was lucky i made it to 30xxx miles on the damn thing. Trust me the end results not good at all.

·
Super Moderator
12,861 Posts
Just to be sure.... you bought a Jet chip, right? Or did you get one of those 50+ MPG, 300+ HP chips you see on ebay?

·
Registered
158 Posts
I bought a jet chip for my 5 and never even bothered putting it in, I trust the people on this site more than the salesman's info. Now I'm stuck with a pointless piece of plastic, and half a motherboard for 200 bucks and could have had a trifecta tune by now. Good luck with yours I hope you listen to the advise here as well as I did.

·
Registered
837 Posts
You have to pay to play. Try skimping out or taking short cuts is foolish and vast majority of the time ends in catastrophic failure of what ever you may be "modding".

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
most of my decals add atleast 3-5HP pre decal!

i dont know i didnt want to reply and be an ass. but say good buy to any warrenty
why do people fall for such retarded claims. if you could spend in $1000 and get 200hp on any car ... dont think think 90% of the people would be doing it? dont you think the deal would sell this as an option? ...

a lot of people talk to me at car shows and events. when someone walks up and talks about their car adn i ask them what they had done and it stats out "it was way fast had low pro tires underglow and a chip." i start to walk away

·
Registered
88 Posts
If you can still cancel your order, Do It. Trifecta is the way to go, and working with Vince is worth the extra money by itself!

·
Registered
158 Posts
^^ Word. I ordered mine years ago when I first bought the car, and joined G5Club and never bothered to put it in after hearing what people HERE had to say about them, because I totally agreed. You always pay for what you get, unless you're ignorant, like I was.

And Scott, I thought my car felt faster after the fender stripes.... :)

·
Death metal connoisseur
6,065 Posts
Now I'm stuck with a pointless piece of plastic, and half a motherboard for 200 bucks

Fear not. Soon enough some illiterate moron will stumble upon this site and ask about performance and fuzzy dice.
Zero in and sell. Call Vince. Smile.

·
Registered
579 Posts
To be honest we carry Jet Performance. And while I run their T-stat in my charger (along with a few thousand other members of the hemi world) I have heard nothing of bad reviews about their tuner for the Cobalt, hence why we don't even have them on our site.

If you have time to cancel I would. I'd more then willing to sell you a Trifecta Tune. PM for further details if your interested. You will read alot of good reviews about the Trifecta Tune here on the site. We have yet to sell a tune to someone that hasn't been satisfied.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts