G5 Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well my car battery died and my keyless entry and tpms quit working. i took my car to the dealer to have the keyfobs reprogrammed to the car, but when they hooked up their tool they used my keyless entry and tpms didnt even show up in the gm tech 2. so i figured my receiver has been fried whenever i jumped the car, because i checked every single fuse an they were all fine. but i dont see why a dead battery would cause my receivers memory to be lost because i unhook and hook my battery up all the time when ever i do electrical mods and the keyless entry and tpms still worked when i hooked the battery up. i was wondering if anyone knew where the receiver is located in the car because i do not want those gm guys to do it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep i checked both. im pretty sure they are related because you have to use the key fob to enter the tire pressure reset mode. if you have wireless entry that is. ive read around and that seems to go hand and hand with another, people who replace their battery or have theirs jumped have experienced their keyless entry not working and the tire pressure reading dashes for all four wheels. i could more than likely buy a new receiver and replace it myself and have the dealer sync it to my car and keyfobs, i just want to know where said receiver is.

·
Registered
89 Posts
The only way I can think you fried electrical components is by boosting it backwards. Meaning positive on negative, and negative on positive. If you did do that you definitely fried something.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i know for a fact it wasnt boosted backwards. i just dont know why it would cause those 2 things to just quit working.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts