G5 Club banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
So Delicious !
5,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone removed the kidneys from the grill yet ???
If so could you pm me please and maybe you can answer a question for me :idea:
THANK YOU

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
If you want to know if they are removable they are. there just held in with clips that are a bit of a bitch to get at with out taking the bumper off.

·
Registered
493 Posts
you have to remove the front piece,the kidney grills are part of a bigger piece of plastic and have to be dremeled out

·
So Delicious !
5,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
:?: So if I get the two( bitch of a time getting them out ) clips then the whole grill will come out with the kidneys in it ?
I know the kidneys are a one piece plastic behind the bumper and goes all the way across the car.........

·
Premium Member
601 Posts
g5mike said:
you have to remove the front piece,the kidney grills are part of a bigger piece of plastic and have to be dremeled out
Thats odd cause mine will just pop right out. there cliped in like the bottom black piece.

·
So Delicious !
5,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:lol: lol... I figured out the really hard to get clips unscrew and come right out....lol
Once that is done and the clips on the top come out and then 5 tabs ( 2 on each end and one in the middle ) from the bumper to the grill need pressed in and the whole thing comes out..... colored grille surround and the kidneys, then just press the rest of the tabs and the kidney insert fall right out......lol

·
So Delicious !
5,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Having them painted by a body shop....... in GLOSS BLACK :idea:
The kidneys and the lower grill insert.....
I think it will look good.

·
zoom zoom!
1,641 Posts
Cherry GT said:
Having them painted by a body shop....... in GLOSS BLACK :idea:
The kidneys and the lower grill insert.....
I think it will look good.
I was thinking of this too... but it will probably wait till spring after the rain stops.

·
So Delicious !
5,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
tank said:
i don't mind the greyish look with my car
I think they need to be black..... everything else is black on my car ..... so why should the grill's be grey :?: :?: :?: :?:
Oh about $$$$ this shop is charging me $60 to paint them, if I remove them..... which I did.....
Plus they will add adhession promoters (to make it stick to plastic) and flex something so it won't crack....... all which I CANNOT do with a rattle can........ I want it to look professional and stay ....
I'll post a pic sometime next week after its done...

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
The "Flex Something" is what is known as a Flex additive. It basically is added to the paint used on certain parts of the body of the car. On parts that tend to flex and move quite a bit during driving from the air hitting the car, the paint must have this special additive put in to keep the paint from breaking and peeling off. Since the grill is part of the front clip, it needs that in order to keep the paint from getting destroyed.

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
I got my grill painted. not only does it look better, but as earlier stated you get no white residue on it.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts