G5 Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2+2= <*)))><
12,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else bothered by the fact that almost every part site has the part you want for a cobalt but almost nothing for our G5s?

This really bothers me.

Your opinion?

·
Registered
600 Posts
yeah that does piss me off too. i wanted to put new grills on my car, but noooooooooooo i can't find one for the pontiac. just balts :( plus im missing my bottom grill so i needed to replace that neways........ what to dooo??? junk yard i guess eh. i want the mesh lookin grill tho.. hmmmm maybe i'll just cut off some of the fence and put it in there?? hahahaha :p jkz i wouldn't wanna lower the class of my car.. to a balts level! :p

·
2+2= <*)))><
12,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know that the parts are the same for both cars but I don't want to have my car saved on my favorite vehicles list on jcwhitney as a chevrolet cobalt. I want to have my vehicle saved as a pontiac g5. Idk. Maybe me just being cynical but that's the way I see it.

·
falkor!!!
23,478 Posts
yeah, i know what you mean. it does suck to have to search for a different car than you drive. unfortunately, the cobalt came out first, so most of those sites haven't felt the need to add all of the same info for the g5. what's funny is how some of them have the g5, but they don't have as many parts for it as they do for the cobalt. it's like, if you're going to go through the effort of adding it, you should make sure that you have everything for that car. i have found a few sites though that have the g5 and not the cobalt. i like that - make the cobalt users search for g5 parts! :-D

·
Registered
951 Posts
Yea thats crap when you got to check and then recheck if the part will and most of the time no one knows if it wil fit a G5 or not.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Mostly because the Cobalt came out first, and is more popular because of the ss model.

Doesn't matter though, they are one in the same and almost all parts will fitt, besides obvious differences like grills, tail lites..ect..

·
Registered
195 Posts
GM makes more cobalts than g5s. which is ok with me, I see cobalts all over the freakin place. but when I see another g5, its a special occasion. wouldnt be as fun if there were as many g5s as cobalts, ya know?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts