G5 Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I was just changing my front brake pads on the weekend, and noticed my passenger side strut was covered in some sort of oil. Looking around I didn't notice anything else leaking so I am assuming that the strut itself is leaking.

I am wondering what kind of warranty the suspension parts have. Or is this something they are going to tell me is normal wear/tear, and I will have to replace the strut myself. The car itself has had a rattle in the front when going over bumps which they can't seem to fix, so maybe my strut is causing this as well?

The car has around 59000km on it too

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
all factory still.

As a side question, those service surveys that we get from GM when we bring vehicles in, how bad is it for the dealership if you send it back not "completely satisfied"? I just got off the phone with the dealer about some issues i had with my car from them not putting the dash back in properly (heater vent busted, trunk release doesn't work, horrible alignment, 'knee panel' on lower side of dash under steering column falling off while driving, a few smaller things) and the rep wants me to hold off on sending the survey back in, and wait until after i bring the car back. He also said that he was going to get his shop foreman, and service manager involved, because of the shoddy job re-installing the dash in the shop.

OH well, looks like i'm building up another large list for my next visit for warranty work (stopped counting at 15 visits).

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
its a very bad mark against them through gm. im not sure what happens, but too many of them and they go out of business/are unsupported by gm

·
Premium Member
12,861 Posts
It seems like it must be a very big deal that they get "completely satisfied" marks from customers because there are several around the area here that will send out letters in the mail asking me to call them immediately if I can not mark "completely satisfied". I would think that would be good leverage to get your broken stuff fixed.

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
GM disreguards less than stellar dealerships. GM is trying to pull out of their damaged reputation they recieved from 1970- the early 2000's.

Problematic dealerships tend to get less discounts from GM, something that could kill them.

·
Super Moderator
1,959 Posts
Sounds like they wanna bend over backwards to kiss up to you and make all-nice...take 'em up on it! Struts may be considered a wear item, so good luck there.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just got a call from the dealership, they were fantastic this morning when i dropped the car off, bending over backwards, which is nice considering i'm no one special. And its not like i drive an escalade and demand top notch service.

In regards to the struts they said they weren't leaking, they were just sweating, and its nothing to be worried about. I have never heard of sweaty struts before, but i normally deal with full-size trucks, so he may not be pulling my leg.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So the saga continues, I picked up my car from the dealership last night, got the call saying it was ALL fixed and ready to go so i didn't need the rental they saved for me just in case.... Apparently they put a brand new steering column in the car. Once i got their they were just finishing the road test, but the steering wheel was a little off so it had to be removed and reinstalled to get correct alignment (bullshit, they just weren't done).

Shop foreman comes up to me to have a little chat, tells me that the tech apparently dropped one of my interior pieces and scratched it, so they ordered a new one (which will be in early next week), they were waiting on parts for my trunk release button since it was apparently broken, and this new steering column they installed needs to be fixed because he signal lights wont turn off on their own. Small problems i know, but its quite annoying coming out of the dealership with even more problems that need to be fixed!

·
Premium Member
12,861 Posts
At that point, I think I would find a different dealer to do future work at. Sorry to hear about that, man. I hope that dealer gets their shit together soon.

·
Super Moderator
1,959 Posts
Jeezis! Small saving grace is that it's all getting done for free....SMALL! I'd say 'f' that, keep the car, it ain't done, gimme the loaner, call me when it's done-done!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
toolman said:
At that point, I think I would find a different dealer to do future work at. Sorry to hear about that, man. I hope that dealer gets their shit together soon.
this is the third dealer i have been to since i bought the car in feb. 06, and sadly it still is prob. the best one. At least they tell me when they screw up, the other two would hide the fact that they either didn't fix a problem, or messed up install, etc. Or just flat out lie to me and tell me that theres nothing wrong with my car and its all in my head, and i'm wasting their time.

I think its just a dealership issue in general, I don't have a single friend that has had a 100% positive experience when it comes to dealing with a dealership. Just have to get the best of the worst!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Shameless bump, because I have a question that someone may be able to answer.

Was still waiting on parts from my last visit to fix the trunk release that they broke re-installing the dash from 2 visits ago (Nov.4th or something like that), and then the last visit where they installed a brand new steering column that has signal lights that don't turn off on their own (Nov. 9th). I phoned them last week, no parts apparently, called today and amazingly all the parts are in... like 2.5 weeks after they ordered them.

First of all, I know damn well it doesn't take 2.5 weeks to get parts in, I could have ordered them from another dealership who also doesn't have them in stock, and got them next day.

So i have the car booked back in so they can finish the work they started, and fix the problems they caused, but of course won't be dealing with them again, and will move on to the next dealer for future work. (going to run out of options soon) but is there anywhere i can actually raise a complaint? The service manager doesn't seem to give a shit when it comes to my car and said i have to deal with my service rep to resolve this when i talked to him, so is there anywhere else i can raise a complain and get this resolved, because this is getting quite retarded?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts