G5 Club banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just curious what everyone is having issues with.

My List:
-Brake pulsation - 5 times ended up fixing it myself
-E-brake -4 times. bracket kept breaking
-passenger door weather stripping -3 times
-bumper out of allignment
-trunk out of allignment
-passenger door trim piece out of adjustment
-cruise control button
-stereo-cd player not working
-steering out of alignment from factory
-chipped rim from factory - never fixed
-signal light switch not working - never fixed
-sunroof - never fixed properly
-sunroof switch
-flex pipe on exhaust manifold ripped in half
-paint flaws - hair in clear coat. blotches, tiger stripping
-heater controls chipped paint from factory
-12v outlet would work
-2nd gear dropped out
-ABS- 3 times, casued an accident fried as i touched the brakes, the took extra time to compensate for pumping the brakes old school way.
-front 2 abs sensor fails
- car dies randomly once in a while 3 times so far - never fixed
- 2nd gear sticky -not fixed properly yet...
- fuel injector failure
thers a few more just cant remember right now....

All this and I maintain my car better then 99% of people that buy new cars....
I fixed the brake pulsation buy installing new pads and rotors all the way around....

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
wow.

thats a shit load of problems.

As for me,

Brake pulsation - "fixed" one time (doing it again ill just take it in for an oil change soon and they'll cut the rotors again.

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what they did to my brakes till they couldn't machine them anymore. we measures 0.015 inches left to machine then they told me there was no more pulsation so they didnt have to get new rotors for me... after i was promised new rotors if that didnt fix the problem.

·
Registered
328 Posts
So far only wrong dash panel under steering wheel. Knock on wood. Waiting for the pieces to come in for dealer to instal.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Jondevos said:
So far only wrong dash panel under steering wheel. Knock on wood. Waiting for the pieces to come in for dealer to instal.
how do they have a wong dash panel in? completely wrong i.e. for a different car? or something wrong with it?

·
Registered
328 Posts
There is a picture in my post "Only a day old" under show your stuff that shows what I mean. I have the dark interior and for some reason the dash panel under the steering wheel and the liddle cubby space thing where trunk release is are both from light interior.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
- Engine light is on
- Voltage varies while driving between 11.9V to 15.5V
- Gas cap light keeps comming on even though gas cap is closed!

------Going in to get it checked out Thursday!-------

·
Registered
167 Posts
Rob said:
- Engine light is on

never knew we had a gas cap light... lol and the voltage might be from your subs if you ask me

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
ajemery said:
Rob said:
- Engine light is on

never knew we had a gas cap light... lol and the voltage might be from your subs if you ask me
SORRY I meant to say Gas Cap warning message on the display. It reads out where it tells you the temperature/Mileage.... I didn't know either until it randomly popped up.. I was like what the hell!

·
'07 Black GT Coupe
2,400 Posts
-passenger door weather stripping -3 times
what was the problem? water coming in?

cause in my car I hear a wind noise coming from the passenger side at 80kmh +

I tried fixing it myself by adding double sided tape to fix the stripping better but it didn't solve the problem.

·
Banned
3,377 Posts
No car without a voltage stabaliser is going to give exactly 12V

Anyways as for me...

leaky trunk (fixed)

·
Registered
105 Posts
- CD/Mp3 player not ejecting discs, or just dying and cutting out completely (6 times and counting)
- Sunroof switch bezel ( 2 times)
- Sunroof switch falling out, and not working ( 2 times)
- paint bubbling on heater controls ( 2 times )
- clear peeling from GT wheels (not fixed because i have "too many" rock chips in the wheels)
- had to use excessive force to get into 1st or 5th gear (still tough to get into 1st, 5th, or R, but manageable)
- silver dash trim piece (above glovebox) comes loose and rattles. (Dealer said my dash itself is warped)
- brake pulsation, irregular rotor wear on fronts (dealer said since i have a 5-spd, and drive mostly highway i don't use my brakes enough, and this is normal)
- front suspension rattle going over bumps at lower speeds

And the car is at the dealer again today to get these things fixed:
- rust above windshield
- suspension rattle again.
- steering rattle (seems to be a completely different noise, and get it turning the wheel all the way)
- drivers door is just one giant rattle trap with the window down half way or so, even with stereo low.
- silver piece on drivers door (holding window switches, locks, etc.) paint is just peeling off this like mad
- hesitation when using defroster or A/C
- fuel gauge (either doesn't go to full, or drops like 1/8th of a tank within 5 mins of driving)

sitting at 57k, kinda glad i got the extended to 100k, since a lot of my problems seem to happen over and over.

G

·
Also you have to undestand this is the first production line.

They havent worked out all the bugs, thats why waiting a couple of years for them to make more and do them better is a good idea.

My mom bought a new buick rendezvous, first year production, thing was a fucking lemon.

Its like Windows, when xp came out, things were wrong, couple of updates and it works great, then they make vista...

·
Premium Member
10,371 Posts
I can't belive so many people are having so many problems with their 5's. Makes me count how lucky I am, and knowing dealer reps. Sorry to hear about your problems guys.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts