G5 Club banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright, its tractor season so I just pulled down a few good paychecks and I think its time to treat the car to something special.

I was thinking a Header and downpipe combo (The rest of my mods are in the sig)

The one I had my eye on was the ZZP set up:
(Going full stainless with magnaflow cat)
Few questions:
1) I think I read that the 1 3/4 was too large for a N/A car (Im hoping to SC eventually but you all know how that goes)

2) My Catback is 2.25 and the downpipe is 2.5 in diamiter with bolt in exit wil there be any fitment issues?

3) Does anyone have the ZZP setup with a magnaflow system, Does it have any rasp, cause i cant live with rasp.

4) Any other Header/Downpipe combos i should know about? this setup is $520 w/o shipping

Thanks fellas,

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump

Bump

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
lol, well thanks for the company anyways

Bump

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump Plz

Bump, plz

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
preciate it, guess no one likes me here, :(

·
Since Supercharged: 6-2-1
5,470 Posts
I've got the zzp header/dp combo 1.5" primaries, w/ a high flow cat. BUT it's bolted to my 2.5" megan racing drift spec exhaust. Huge fart can so it's loud BUT minimal rasp at WOT. I've got sound clips on youtube. Same screen name.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
to have smaller primaries (which is better at 1.5") the cobalt addiction header and then the ZZP DP or the cobalt addiction DP will be good too

and GO WITH CAT

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I already was going to use the magnaflow high flow cat, I saw Springer's Vids on you tube, and the Megans catback is not my style, (No offence).

Still curious about how it will bolt up, i would think it wouldnt be too bad since people do just catbacks all the time and they are different in size to the stock components but i dunno, just a novice when it comes to this stuff

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
i was recomended a zzp downpipe and cat and a header from cobalt addiction. a buddy of mine has the combo with a magnaflow exhaust and it sounds good not too much rasp. mine will be on the way shortly and if i get it on before you ill deff let you know

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just had a thought, allthough I am probably far off and cannont explain it well, but here it goes::

Im wondering if the 1.75 primarys would actually work with my 2.25 catback, the primary problem that N/A builds have with the 1.75 prim. is loss in scavenging effect (?), which as far as i can tell creates a vacume in the tube related to the ones that is not firing, however with the 2.5 to 2.25 conversion in pipe size it should lead to increased backpressure wich could "Theroretically" help reduce the negitive effects of the 1.75 primaries..................................Maybe......Possibly.......Idunno

Mind you I probably dont know whqat im talking about and im more that prepared to be flamed for that paragraph, but just an idea

but whatever lol

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well alergies aside, i just need to know if it will bolt up fine, cause i'd like to order soon

Or if anyone else has any productive statements about the primarys or anything in general

1 - 20 of 29 Posts