Just bought a pontiac g5 GT 07 2.4L ecotech for 2k with 91k miles runs perfect since last owner kept in great condition. Wanted to see if this forum is still active and anyone has any tips for good beginner mods?
Appriciate it def gonna look into a bigger throttle body and short headersIt depends on what you want to do.
- If you want more H.P, the best results will come from LE5 cams from ZZPerformance. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM SKUNKWORKS That guy is a COMPLETE SCAMMER!!!!
- You cam also get ZZPerformance's Throttle Body Adapter plate and 8 to 8 pin adapter, so you can aput on a larger throttle body, but this WILL REQUIRE a retune of your ECM (and TCM, if you have an autmatic trans car).
- I have a ZZPerformance shorty header and 2.5 exhaust. It will flow a little better than stock and it's a TON lighter!!!
- As far as brakes go, you can get a set of Brembo's froma 2009+ turbocharged (LNF) Cobalt. Those will require larger 18" wheels and probably an adapter plate.
- For suspension upgrades, you can get ZZPerformance sway bars (FE5). You don't need Strut Tower Braces, due to the design of the vehicle.