G5 Club banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It was suggested we needed a thread for this so here it is. I pulled my suggestion from another thread and this can be built upon.

Please post suggestions and I'll add/modify the schedule in this post.

----------------------------

Friday:
9am-2:00 PM - Meet at Hotel (wash your car, etc)
2:00-5:00 PM - Meet and Greet + Show 'n Shine
5:00-8:00 PM - Go to a nearby _____ and park our sexy cars for everyone to look at while we chow down at dinner.
8:00-9:00 PM - Meet back at hotel and discuss itinerary for Saturday.
9:00pm-9:00am - Whatever the hell you want to do.

Saturday:
10:00AM - Meet at Quakercity Raceway (drag strip)
10:30-5 pm - Racing
5:00PM- 6:30PM - Go eat dinner as a group somewhere. (poss a BBQ at somebodies place)
6:30PM-? - Local cruise to some good spots (swap^^?)

Sunday:
9-10am - arrive at the Beaverun Motorsport complex.
10-6pm Auto-x racing!!!
6-7:30pm - dinner or BBQ somewhere
7:30-? - cruise or hang out at sonic or???

Alternate

Friday:
9am-2:00 PM - Meet at Hotel (wash your car, etc)
1:00-3:00 PM - Meet and Greet
3:00-4:30 PM - Go to a nearby _____ and park our sexy cars for everyone to look at while we chow down at dinner.
5:00-9:00 PM - Go to Drag strip and race.
9:00pm-9:00am - back to hotel...

Saturday:
9:30am-2:30pm - Show n shine, tuning, photoshoot, vendor booths, games (hopefully someone will have a portable basketball goal), picnic area, road course track(maybe), dyno station, etc.
3-8pm - Meet at Quakercity Raceway for drag racing
8:00PM-? - Go eat dinner as a group somewhere. (poss a BBQ at somebodies place) cruise, ??

Sunday:
9:00-10:00am - Meet at (some agreed upon location)
10:00AM- 2pm- Cruise? Go back to hotel and continue the good times?
2pm - 8pm? - Go to Cedar Point
8pm? - cruise back to hotel
--------------------------------

Post up people!

·
Premium Member
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I was thinking we could do a show 'n shine friday and then do a road course race on sun or do a cruise. Just need more ideas to fill in the hole in the activities. If we could find a big parking lot and put out cones, we could do our own races...

Oh yeah, and then there is going to the the lake someone else suggested on monday or sunday nite.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Friday morning I may head to PA, to meet one of my friends, also I have another in Niles which is like a few minutes away.

But back to what we are planning I like the lake idea on Sunday night.

·
Premium Member
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay. So the solo autox happening at beaverun that weekend is open for registration. Its $35 for non-members and you don't have to pay until the day of.
http://www.steelcities-scca.org/Registration/Drivers/view.asp?ID=6
There was one cobalt already signed up, probably local.
Its inexpensive and I think it would be a lot of fun to do.
I looked up what classes we would be:
Stock (means nothing aftermarket)
G5GT = GS
G5 Base = HS
Street Touring (most aftermarket changes allowed)
all=ST
TC'd (but otherwise stock)=DS/STU
SC'd (but otherwise stock)=GS/STU

·
Premium Member
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Click the link i posted and click 'register' for the day you want to race. I did Sunday the 12th. You'll have to create a login then just fill in your info and so on.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I would again suggest chowing at sonic... But anyone else notice that they have completly redone all of the sonics. They dont have neon lights anymore :(

·
Premium Member
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cedar point was brought up and I think its a good idea. maybe we could all go up ther on sunday? or monday even. I don't know much about the place or what times would be good to go there.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
There is no such thing as sonic, i am pretty sure that they are a myth. As far as places to eat, since i am 20 min from lordstown we could come back to salem (where i live) and there are some places to eat there, also two pretty good parks to chill at, and some streets to cruise. idk.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Never noticed that... Why no more Neons?? Will those kill the earth too??

GTO 1
Not exactly sure, but cities like to ban neon signs from store/bar/restaurant windows because they don't look good in their opinion. My hometown did away with neons, tall signs, certain colors...sort of ridiculous, but possibly why Sonic just went ahead and did away with em.

·
Premium Member
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think we should defiantly do a cruise on saturday. I would love that n its the only day im gonna be able to make it.
Well, if we are going to the strip, we need to do it friday or saturday. We could do the racing friday night and do a show n shine and cruise on saturday and go up to cedar point on sunday. It doesn't look like the road racing is going to happen with only 2 of us signed up.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to leave Sunday for school and work purposes so I'm gonna miss the car show and all the fun stuff :(
When would you have to leave sunday?

Im game for either one, i like to wash my car so i will prolly end up washing her several times.
same here! haha

shit boys. i might be back from vacation sunday night! ;) whats another two hours eh?
Are you saying you're coming out to lords sunday night??

1 - 20 of 48 Posts