G5 Club banner

1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I talked to Mike today about the meet and plant tour. He told me that HR will be calling me Monday or Tuesday to let me know what is going on. He thinks that as long as the plant isn't shut down for the week that we will get the tour, also, he is thinking that it will be great publicity for them, so news stations may be there to show off our cars :). Ill keep everyone informed on what i know.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
My mom works allocations for GM at their h.q. in Detroit. I talked to her about it and she thinks it's a great idea, but all of GM is supposed to be shut down that week.

SO... To get the tour, we'd have to let the guides know a long ways ahead of time because there's going to be no one there except for us.

I'm still super excited. I hope the tour works out but that's just extra for me.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah us being in the news would be epic.

Also mods, please move this to the correct section if you could, i posted this right before i noticed the "lordstown section" Thanks. Dan

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
moved... and holy jeebuz we owe you big time if you get this going because I've tried contacting GM and still waiting for a response back! lol.

Some kind of GM Sponsorship would be nice for the meet too (i.e food or what not for the weekend or even like pens/couple t shirts or prizes something small etc.. would be nice).

But yeah... at bare minimum the tour... I really hope this comes thru because then I will officially post it up on the home page and I'll also be sure to contact media for maybe a little segment /article or some story about our cars visiting their home & G5CLUB... maybe can get Pontiac Performance magazine out there too, etc... It'll be awesome and maybe turn out bigger than we all thought!!! hah. awesome. Be sure to post up anything further/further notice.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
When they call i will see what i can do as far as a sponsorship goes. I'll try to get everything that i can. I'm thinking they need the positive publicity and i am hoping that, that will be some leverage for us.

On an unofficial note I am talking to my parents about letting us come to my place friday night, and have a fire, hotdogs, whatever, chill if we want we will see how that goes, my house is only 20 min away from the plant.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Too bad mine was made in Mexico. I SAY WE GO TO MEXICO FOR THE TOUR INSTEAD!

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, i'm thinking that it will be ok, i just need to make sure that my neighbor allows us to park in her yard, i honestly doubt that she will care though. I'm sure it could be fun.

1 - 20 of 179 Posts